- 500 g bakers flour
- 200 g water
- 35 g Milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sugar
- oil, as needed
- Butter, as needed
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place all ingredients except oil and butter into the bowl and mix 15 seconds speed 6
2. 2 mins
3. Leave in bowl for 20 mins to rest
4. again for 2 mins
5. Divide into 16 equal portions of approx 50 gms each
6. Coat your hands in oil & roll each portion into a ball & cover with cling wrap
7. Allow to rest until ready to use
8. Turn a heavy based fry pan onto high heat & allow to get very hot
9. Roll one ball at a time into a circle with a rolling pin on Thermomat-then slap the bread onto the thermomat and pull, turn, slap and pull again. It should catch on the mat and so you can pull the dough thinner and thinner without breaking. If it's not sticking then use a little oil on the mat and it should work. Then pull into a circle or square
9. Pour oil into fry pan and fry each side adding some butter once the bread has puffed up a little.
10. Remove and enjoy with a great curry or even with banana & hazelnut chocolate spread, golden syrup, maple syrup or whatever takes your fancy
It really is easy to slap & pull the dough. It's personal preference to how thin you like your roti.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Corn and Vegetable Fritters
- Keto Ice Cream
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Delectable Millionaire’s Shortbread (Caramel Slice)
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce
- Refined Sugar Free Muesli Bars