- 225 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder, [EDCB basics]
- 40 g lard, or vegetable equivalent
- 150 g warm water
Place flour, salt, baking powder and lard in bowl of TX. Mix speed 5 till grainy about 20 seconds.
Add water and mix on interval until a soft dough forms. About 10 seconds. You may need to scrape the sides once to ensure all flour is incorporated.
Drop from bowl onto Thermomat or floured table. Lightly flour dough and form into a ball., cover with cling film and let rest for 15 minutes.
Divide into 12 equal pieces and shape each into a ball. Keep covered to keep moist.
Heat a heavy based pan or griddle, roll one ball to a thin round about 15 – 16 cm. Place the round on to the hot pan. And cook for 1.5 to 2 minutes, until the surface starts to bubble. It should stay flexible. Do not overcook. Remove from pan, wrap in a towel to keep warm while cooking the rest.
Clear most of the dough from the blades with turbo burst after takng most of the dough out.
The pan is hot when a drop of water spits and turns to steam when dropped on pan.
They can be rewarmed by wrapping in foil and heating in moderate oven 180C about 5 minutes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- jamies garlic tear and share
- Tabbouleh Bread
- Italian Nino's Focaccia
- Banana bread
- European style rolls
- Cauliflower buns/rolls (No grains / gluten / nuts / soy / diary) Paleo / LCHF
- LCHF, Paleo, Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Nut Free buns
- Greek Pita Bread
- BBQ Barossa Sour Dough Rye
- LCHF Banana Bread
- LCHF Pumpkin Bread
- Crispy Choc Chip Cookies- Grainfree
- Creamy red capsicum & cauliflower soup with goats cheese
- Pizza Rolls
- Tomato pasta with vegetables and feta (TM31)
- DAD's Steak and Mushroom pies
- SALT 'N' VINEGAR POTATO PIZZA
- Hot (Cross) Buns Grain, Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar FREE
- Sweet Potato and Salmon Patties
- Tuna and Butter Bean fishcakes
- Spaghetti Bolognese - Diabetic Friendly
- Lime, coconut and macadamia cake with a lime glaze.
- Walnut Dukkah