- 6 large Granny Smith Apples
- 2 tablespoons Raw or White Sugar
- 125 grams Butter
- 240 grams SR flour
- 1 egg
- 30 grams cold water
- 2 teaspoons Raw or White Sugar
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Dinner Snack Supper Alcohol-free Children food Baking Preserving BBQ Birthday Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Biscuit/cookie Cake Gateau Pastry Praline/sweets Tart Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter New Year’s Eve Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Easy Natural Australian Dessert
Peel and slice apples. Arrange in Varoma and cook for 17 minutes on Varoma Temperature speed 2.
Stir apples occasionally to help with even cooking.
Once cooked set aside and cool slightly.
Weigh Butter, flour & sugar and mix on speed 6 for 6 seconds
Set speed for 30 seconds and add egg and water. Mix until combined. Mixture should be slightly sticky but not wet. If mixture is too wet add a little more flour.
Half mixture and press half into a lined slice tin. Press out with your tips of fingers or a spoon. If mixture is sticky, flour your finger tips to help with pressing into tin. Spread steamed apples over the pastry base.
With the remaining mixture, press out on to a piece of glad bake the size of the tin. Once you have the desired shape turn upside down and place on top of apples and peel off the glad bake. Prick with a fork and sprinkle genoursly with raw sugar.
Bake in 180 C oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with runny cream or icecream or slice and put in lunch boxes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Rocky Road
- Choc Mousse 2 ingredients low Fodmap
- Cookie Dough Protein Bars
- Variation Choc Mint Bliss Balls with Crown Mints
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- Indian rice pudding
- Caramilk No Bake Cheesecake
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Nut butter Porridge
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry