- 150 g Butter
- 600 g mixed dried fruit
- 120 g Soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp clove powder
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 2 tsp bi-carb. Soda
- 250 g water
- 150 g plain flour
- 150 g SR flour
- 2 eggs
1) Measure butter, fruit, sugar, spices, bi-carb soda and water into TM bowl and heat for 5 mins at 100*C on reverse speed 1-2
2) Add flours and eggs, mix for 10 secs on reverse speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and check to see mixture is well combined.
3) Two-thirds fill silicon patty pans and bake at 170*C for 15-20 mins depending on size of cakes. Test for doneness by touching top of cake with finger to see if set.
(When cool decorate with piped Royal Icing holly and berries.)
4) For steamed puddings place patty pans in Varoma and steam for 15 mins at Varoma Temp on speed 2. Test for doneness with a skewer or with your finger to see the mixture is set. Serve with a brandy sauce/custard.
250g white sugar
1 egg white
1) Place sugar in TM bowl and mill for 15 secs on speed 9. Test result with fingers to ensure fine powder. Re-mill if still crystalline. Set aside.
2) Beat an egg white in TM bowl for 30 secs on speed 4. Gradually spoon pure, fine icing sugar on to moving blades until the mixture holds shape. Colour and place in piping bag for decorating cakes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Chocolate Fudge Bliss Balls
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Keto Peanut butter Fudge
- Mango and Raspberry Froyo
- Variation Peanut butter brownie Bliss Balls
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Protein Balls - Nut Free
- Cacao Date Truffles
- Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Fruit Crumble Muffins
- Zesty ginger oat & coconut crunch
- Healthy Green Smoothie
- Fermented cucumbers
- Seedy Cherry-Quinoa Energy Bars
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Sausage Crumble Style Seitan (Vegan Meat)
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Sticky Date Cake by Thermovic
- Linda's Mum's Lemon Jelly Cake
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto