- 70-80 g raw sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 300 g full-fat pouring (whipping) cream
- 300 g organic full-cream milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices panettone, approx. 3cm thick
- 50 g sultanas
- pinch ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 20 cm deep-sided baking dish.Set aside.
Place sugar and vanilla bean into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add cream, milk, and eggs and mix 5 sec/speed 5.
Butter panettone slices and remove crusts.
Sprinkle sultanas into the bottom of prepared baking dish and top with panettone. Pour egg mix over and sprinkle with nutmeg. Place dish in a larger oven-proof dish or roasting tray. Pour boiling water into the base dish until water comes half-way up the sides of the smaller dish holding the pudding. Bake 60 minutes, or until pudding is just firm to the touch.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving warm.
Brioche (see EDC for recipe) or pandoro can be used in this recipe as an alternative to panettone.This recipe will rise while cooking so a deep-sided baking dish is required.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Bliss Balls
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Mousse
- Strawberry Chia Pudding
- White chocolate mousse logs
- All American Chocolate Shake
- White Chocolate & Coconut Custard
- Quick Freezer Chocolate
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Mums Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding
- Redskin Fudge
- Sticky Date Pudding
- Orange, Blueberry & Nut Cake
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab