- 70-80 g raw sugar
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 300 g full-fat pouring (whipping) cream
- 300 g organic full-cream milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices panettone, approx. 3cm thick
- 50 g sultanas
- pinch ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 20 cm deep-sided baking dish.Set aside.
Place sugar and vanilla bean into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add cream, milk, and eggs and mix 5 sec/speed 5.
Butter panettone slices and remove crusts.
Sprinkle sultanas into the bottom of prepared baking dish and top with panettone. Pour egg mix over and sprinkle with nutmeg. Place dish in a larger oven-proof dish or roasting tray. Pour boiling water into the base dish until water comes half-way up the sides of the smaller dish holding the pudding. Bake 60 minutes, or until pudding is just firm to the touch.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving warm.
Brioche (see EDC for recipe) or pandoro can be used in this recipe as an alternative to panettone.This recipe will rise while cooking so a deep-sided baking dish is required.
Other users also liked...
- Healthier Vanilla Custard
- Orange Cake - Light and tasty
- Giant Choc Chip Cookie Cake
- Nutella Skillet Brownie
- Quick blueberry (or any fruit) pie!
- Healthy Choc Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
- Mango & LIme Curd
- Bliss Balls - Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Baked passionfruit & ricotta cheesecake
- White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
- CHOCOLATE NIICE-CREAM
- Healthy Chocolate Balls by The Thermo Niche
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles