- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 125 grams dark chocolate 70%
- 135 grams plain flour (1 cup)
- 400 grams Caster Sugar (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a 20 x 30 cm rectangular cake pan (I use a glass Pyrex dish 28x1 with baking paper.
Place butter (cubed) and chocolate (broken) into bowl "Closed lid" 5minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2. Allow to cool slightly.
Add remaining ingredients. Mix 15 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down and repeat if necessary.
Pour into prepared tin. Bake for 40-50 minutes (about 30-35 for a beautiful gooey centre).
Remove from tin and cool on wire rack.
Slice into squares and dust with icing sugar or cocoa or serve warmed with ice cream!
Accessories you need
This recipe has been adapted from an old Donna Hay winter magazine. It uses a heap of sugar! It's always been a very special treat make! I have always used the whole amount but have started reducing the amount with good results.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Churros Cake
- Dairy Free Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Rice Krispie Bars
- Rhonda's Rocky Road
- Low FODMAP Choc Peanut Bliss Balls
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Peanut Bites
- Lemon Cake dairy, nut & wheat free
- Healthier Vanilla Custard
- Orange Cake - Light and tasty
- Giant Choc Chip Cookie Cake
- Nutella Skillet Brownie