- 200 grams unsalted butter
- 125 grams dark chocolate 70%
- 135 grams plain flour (1 cup)
- 400 grams Caster Sugar (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a 20 x 30 cm rectangular cake pan (I use a glass Pyrex dish 28x1 with baking paper.
Place butter (cubed) and chocolate (broken) into bowl 5minutes, 60 degrees, speed 2. Allow to cool slightly.
Add remaining ingredients. Mix 15 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down and repeat if necessary.
Pour into prepared tin. Bake for 40-50 minutes (about 30-35 for a beautiful gooey centre).
Remove from tin and cool on wire rack.
Slice into squares and dust with icing sugar or cocoa or serve warmed with ice cream!
This recipe has been adapted from an old Donna Hay winter magazine. It uses a heap of sugar! It's always been a very special treat make! I have always used the whole amount but have started reducing the amount with good results.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Basque Cheesecake
- Paleo dates, macadamia and cacao bliss balls
- Choc Mint Hummus
- Sticky Date Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Macarons with White Chocolate and Raspberry Ganache
- TLC Buttercream
- Deconstructed eton mess - Beni Orwell
- Red Velvet Chia Pudding
- No-bake ricotta cheesecake - Russell Blaikie
- Quick & easy vegan snickers (adapted from Wholefood Simply)
- Summer Italian donuts with passionfruit curd, whipped ricotta, spiced sugar, passionfruit gelato, pistachio and freeze dried raspberry crumble - Dominique Rizzo