- 210 g Dates, seeded
- 260 g Boiling water
- 1 tsp bi-carb soda
- 100 g brown sugar, (I've cut this to 50g and still great)
- 60 g Butter
- 2 eggs
- 140 g SR Flour, or Plain with 1 tsp of baking powder
- 140 g brown sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 250 g cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 20cm square tin or a muffin tray.
Combine dates, boiling water and soda in . Let stand for 5 minutes
Add sugar and butter to mixture and process on speed 6 - 7 for 10 seconds until dates are chopped.
Scrape down and add flour first, then eggs and and process on speed 4 - 5 for 5 seconds at a time until combined.
Pour into prepared tin or large muffin cups. (Makes 9 large muffins)
Bake for 15 - 17 minutes in a moderate oven for muffins and 20 - 25 for larger tin. Stand for 5 minutes before turning out.
Place all into TM bowl and cook on 80C, speed 1 for 2 minutes unti butter has melted.
Cook for another 5 - 8 minutes on Varoma, speed 2. Sauce will thicken on standing.
Sticky Date Pudding
Use thickened cream or add more butter if you would like the sauce to be a little thicker.
Alternatively, cook it longer.
Try this with Rapadura sugar for a lovely butterscotch flavour.For a more dense, but higher fibre pudding, use wholemeal self raising flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Rima’s Lebanese pistachio ice cream
- cocoa - energy balls (vegan&raw)
- Hazelnut and Amaranth Chocolate
- Variation Choc Peppermint Balls
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Potato Soup
- Veg Sandwich
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Easy Mac~n~Cheese