- 210 g Dates, seeded
- 260 g Boiling water
- 1 tsp Bi-carb soda
- 50 g brown sugar, ( I have edited this to reduce to 50g. It was 100g)
- 60 g Butter
- 2 eggs
- 140 g SR Flour, or Plain with 1 tsp of baking powder
- 140 g brown sugar
- 100 g Butter
- 250 g cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 20cm square tin or a muffin tray.
Combine dates, boiling water and soda in "Closed lid" .
Let stand for 5 minutes
Add sugar and butter to mixture and process on speed 6 - 7 for 10 seconds until dates are chopped.
Scrape down and add flour first, then eggs and and process on speed 4 - 5 for 5 seconds at a time until combined.
Pour into prepared tin or large muffin cups. (Makes 9 large muffins)
Bake for 15 - 17 minutes in a moderate oven for muffins and 20 - 25 for larger tin. Stand for 5 minutes before turning out.
Alternatively, place silicone dariole moulds or silicone cup cake moulds (available from the Mix Shop) into the Varoma dish.
Place 500g water into Thermomix bowl and place Varoma on top with lid in place. Steam 20 - 25 minutes/Varoma/Speed 2, depending on size of moulds.
Stand 5 minutes before turning out onto serving plates. Top with caramel sauce and whipped cream.
- Place all into TM bowl and cook on 80C, speed 1 for 2 minutes unti butter has melted.
Cook for another 5 - 8 minutes on Varoma, speed 2. Sauce will thicken on standing.
Alternatively, if you have a TM6, you could try the Cookidoo Caramel Sauce as it uses the high heat mode.
Sticky Date Pudding
Use thickened cream or add more butter if you would like the sauce to be a little thicker.
Alternatively, cook it longer.
Try this with Rapadura sugar for a lovely butterscotch flavour.
For a more dense, but higher fibre pudding, use wholemeal self raising flour.
For an adult flavour, add 2 Tbsp Bourbon to the Caramel Sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Super Easy Waffles
- Biscoff Icecream
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Raw Berry Caramel Slice
- Snow Skin Mooncake
- Mooncake Fruit Custard Filling
- Mandarin, Almond & Cardamom Muffins
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- White Chocolate & Berry Cheesecake - Gluten Free
- Sweet Chocolate Log or Balls
- Gluten Free Butterscotch Self-saucing Pudding
- Cranberry Coconut Bliss Balls
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Recco Classico