- 125g water
- 225g raw sugar
- 110g milk powder
- pinch salt
- Zest from 1 lime
- 40 gram raw sugar
- 180 grams dessicated coconut
- 4 egg yolks
- condensed milk, (1 can or reserved prepared condensed milk)
- 80-120 grams lime juice, (to taste)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 180C.
Add lime zest and sugar, speed 10, 10 seconds. Add coconut, speed 10, 20 seconds until the mixture is clumbing together.
Line a 20 cm spring form tray with baking paper and press the mixture evenly and firmly to fill the base of the tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
If using a can of pre-prepared condensed milk skip this preparation
Add all condensed milk ingredients to bowl. Heat 4min/100C/sp 4.
Allow to cool slightly.
Set Thermomix to speed 5. After 5-10 seconds add the egg yolks. Mix at speed 5 until well combined, add lime juice and continue to whisk until combined (will only take a few seconds).Z
When Pie base is golden remove from oven and pour in filling. Put back in oven and bake for 10-15minutes until golden on top.
Remove from oven and allow to cool then place in fridge until chilled. Serve chilled with cream, ice cream or a sprinkle of sweet dukkah if desired.
GF Coconut Crust
Sweetened Condensed Milk
Lime Pie Filling
Accessories you need
When adding lime juice you can do this by squeezing juice onto the TM5 lid with measuring cup in place. The cup will catch the pips whilst the juice drizzles in. Try using your spatula to score the lime flesh and squeeze out the juice by twisting the halved limes on top of the spatula.
I created this recipe by mashing together 3 sepearate recipes. You can find the originals here:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Oats, hazelnut, banana, chocolate chips muesli bar
- nutella custard
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Lemon Cake Bliss Balls
- Zilm Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Mixie's cold brew coffee
- Mr Mixie's chilli con queso
- Tangy passion fruit slice
- Caramello Custard
- Choc-raspberry hot crossed buns
- Not-too-naughty Easter Slice
- Rice Bubble Slice - Refined Sugar Free
- Mixie's Spinach and Onion Cob
- Mixie's Famous French Onion Dip
- Fruit & Veg Slurplie
- 1 Ingredient Peanut Butter
- Eatra sneaky chocolate milkshake