- 650 g mandarins, halved (including rind)
- 50 g raw sugar
- 30 g cornflour
- 2 leaves gelatine
- 400 g pure cream
- 90 g Orzata syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, split
Place mandarins into mixing bowl
Pulse using Turbo button 2 - 3 times.
Place pulp into jam / jelly or nut milk bag.
Squeeze to extract all juice.
Discard remaining pulp.
Place juice (should be approximately 280 - 300g juice), sugar, cornflour into mixing boiwl and cook for 8 mins/80C/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Blend for 30 secs/speed 8 until very smooth.
Pour into 6 small decorative glasses and place on an angle in fridge until set (see tip on how to achieve a good angle)
Place gelatine leaves into cup of cold water, set aside.
Place cream, syrup, split vanilla bean into mixing bowl. Cook for 5 mins/90C/speed 2.
Squeeze out gelatine and add to mixing bowl.
Mix for 20 secs/speed 6 - 7
Allow to cool to room temperature. Strain through fine mesh sieve.
If Mandarin Créme is set, pour cooled Panna Cotta on top and set in fridge for several hours.
Serve cold in the glass, garnished with fresh fruit of choice.
Almond Panna Cotta
Accessories you need
To achieve the angle as pictured - we suggest placing the cremes into a muffin tin in the fridge to allow the shot glasses to sit on an angle - you can look like a MasterChef when you plate this one up!
If you cannot source Orzata syrup (most Italian grocers) you can substitute with 80g milled raw sugar and 2 tsp almond essence. Proceed with recipe as directed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Raspberry Nice Cream Smoothie Bowl
- Gluten Free and Dairy Free Fluffy Banana Pancakes - No added sugar
- Sooji halwa
- Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- lchf lime cheesecake tarts
- Brazen berry blissballs
- Coconut Rice Pudding
- Protein balls
- Maple Nut Clusters
- Raw Caramel Slice
- Chocolate Peanut Butter OMG slice
- Orange Essential Fudge
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Pork Bun
- Japanese Gyoza (dumplings)
- Dolla's Cauliflower Cheese
- Gus' Pasta
- Chilli Cornbread
- Chicken and Corn Soup
- Edmonds Custard
- Portuguese Donuts (Bolas de Berlim)
- Mini Victoria Sponge cake and Mini Tea cake
- All in One Curried Sausages, Mash & Vegies
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Avocado cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon - all in one dinner