- 650 g mandarins, halved (including rind)
- 50 g raw sugar
- 30 g cornflour
- 2 leaves gelatine
- 400 g pure cream
- 90 g Orzata syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, split
Place mandarins into mixing bowl
Pulse using Turbo button 2 - 3 times.
Place pulp into jam / jelly or nut milk bag.
Squeeze to extract all juice.
Discard remaining pulp.
Place juice (should be approximately 280 - 300g juice), sugar, cornflour into mixing boiwl and cook for 8 mins/80C/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Blend for 30 secs/speed 8 until very smooth.
Pour into 6 small decorative glasses and place on an angle in fridge until set (see tip on how to achieve a good angle)
Place gelatine leaves into cup of cold water, set aside.
Place cream, syrup, split vanilla bean into mixing bowl. Cook for 5 mins/90C/speed 2.
Squeeze out gelatine and add to mixing bowl.
Mix for 20 secs/speed 6 - 7
Allow to cool to room temperature. Strain through fine mesh sieve.
If Mandarin Créme is set, pour cooled Panna Cotta on top and set in fridge for several hours.
Serve cold in the glass, garnished with fresh fruit of choice.
Almond Panna Cotta
Accessories you need
To achieve the angle as pictured - we suggest placing the cremes into a muffin tin in the fridge to allow the shot glasses to sit on an angle - you can look like a MasterChef when you plate this one up!
If you cannot source Orzata syrup (most Italian grocers) you can substitute with 80g milled raw sugar and 2 tsp almond essence. Proceed with recipe as directed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mango fruity ice cream
- *BEST* Lamingtons *EVER*
- Peppermint Mint Choc Chip Bliss Balls
- Delicious Bliss Balls
- I want more slice
- Healthy Coconut & Almond Chocolates
- Mocha Bliss Balls
- Raw Cacao Balls by Domestic Thermominx
- NZ Lolly Log Cake
- Raw Lemon Protein Ball
- Chocolate fudge sauce
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding
- Mini monsters
- Pizza base
- Chocolate quinoa cake with peanut butter frosting
- Cranberry and coconut toasted cereal
- Potato bake
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Tear drop cake - Merengue Cheesecake
- Cheese Sauce (for corned beef)
- Ginger sponge roll with honey cream and jam
- Tomato relish
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce
- Chilli Con Quesso
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Pear cake
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken