- 650 g mandarins, halved (including rind)
- 50 g raw sugar
- 30 g cornflour
- 2 leaves gelatine
- 400 g pure cream
- 90 g Orzata syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, split
Place mandarins into mixing bowl
Pulse using Turbo button 2 - 3 times.
Place pulp into jam / jelly or nut milk bag.
Squeeze to extract all juice.
Discard remaining pulp.
Place juice (should be approximately 280 - 300g juice), sugar, cornflour into mixing boiwl and cook for 8 mins/80C/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Blend for 30 secs/speed 8 until very smooth.
Pour into 6 small decorative glasses and place on an angle in fridge until set (see tip on how to achieve a good angle)
Place gelatine leaves into cup of cold water, set aside.
Place cream, syrup, split vanilla bean into mixing bowl. Cook for 5 mins/90C/speed 2.
Squeeze out gelatine and add to mixing bowl.
Mix for 20 secs/speed 6 - 7
Allow to cool to room temperature. Strain through fine mesh sieve.
If Mandarin Créme is set, pour cooled Panna Cotta on top and set in fridge for several hours.
Serve cold in the glass, garnished with fresh fruit of choice.
Almond Panna Cotta
Accessories you need
To achieve the angle as pictured - we suggest placing the cremes into a muffin tin in the fridge to allow the shot glasses to sit on an angle - you can look like a MasterChef when you plate this one up!
If you cannot source Orzata syrup (most Italian grocers) you can substitute with 80g milled raw sugar and 2 tsp almond essence. Proceed with recipe as directed.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Low Carb Coconut Ice Cream (LCHF)
- Choc Protein Rum Ball Recipe
- Mango mousse
- Chocolate Gingerbread Fudge
- No churn Ice Cream (Parfait)
- Choconut Rice Puffs
- Peanut & Milo Truffles
- Paleo Choc Peanutbutter Bliss Balls
- Christmas Pudding - Gluten Free or Regular
- Chocolate Fudge (with homemade Condensed Milk)
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cheesecake
- Variation Stewed Rhubarb and Apple
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Salted caramel sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Carrot, feta and mint salad
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Deconstructed eton mess - Beni Orwell
- Sauerkraut salad
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad
- Curried Tuna & Rice
- Mum's Shortbread
- CARLY'S GLUTEN FREE BREAD
- Hokkien Noodle and Turkey Stri-fry
- Rhubarb curd
- Tear drop cake - Merengue Cheesecake
- Cheese Sauce (for corned beef)
- Ginger sponge roll with honey cream and jam
- Tomato relish
- "No Mac" Sweet and Sour sauce