- 200 g Flour, Plain
- 100 g butter, cold
- 1 pinch salt
- 50 gram caster sugar
- 50-60 gram water, iced
- 1/4 tsp agar agar powder
- 60 g caster sugar
- 350 g full cream milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, 59g
- cinnamon powder, to dust
8Recipe is created for
I followed my EDC
Put flour butter sugar and salt into TM bowl 10 secs/speed 6 until it looks like crumbs.
Set dial to closed lid, add water and knead 20 secs/. refrigerate and roll out to line a small pie shell 20 - 24cm.
Blind bake until lightly golden.
Place agar agar. sugar and 250g of the milk into TM. 3min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add 100g millk and both eggs and vanilla 30 secs/speed 3.
Place pie dish into a bain marie, (a larger tin with enough boiling water to go halfway up the sides of your pie dish). Pour milk mixture into tart shell. Bake for 25 mins @ 150 C.
The milktart will have a slight wobble - but refegerate until chilled and set and sprikle liberally with cinnamon.
Impress your South African mates!
I found original milk tart full of gluten and gluey....this is lighter.....and the filling is GLUTEN FREE!! so if you want to use GF flour for your pastry everyone can enjoy milk tart
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Russian Honey Cake
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Nut Butter Mousse
- Unicorn balls
- Heavenly Chocolate Fudge Protein Slice
- Vanilla Slice Italian
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Chocolate Custard
- Easy automated yogurt - TM5
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Tuna Mornay
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese