- 100 grams raw sugar
- 60 grams unsalted butter, cubed
- 45 grams lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 3 whole eggs
- 8 egg whites
- 375 grams castor sugar
- 2.5 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 300mls pure cream, whipped
- 50 grams sliced almonds, toasted
2h 10minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
PLEASE READ THE TIPS BELOW BEFORE STARTING THIS RECIPE
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Line tray with baking paper or silicone mat
3. Butterfly in.
Beat 8 egg whites, 60Secs/SP4, until satiny peaks form.
Slowly add a teaspoon of sugar at a time, through the hole in the lid, wait for it to dissolve, then add the next teaspoon.
Take the enire time to mix in the sugar, until the meringue is stiff and shiny.
5. Sprinkle cornflour over meringue mix, add in the zest of 1 lemon, and add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
Be accurate with this.
" I RESENT THE AUTHORITY OF A MEASURE " Nigella
Mix 5 Secs/SP3
6. Pour meringue mixture onto the lined tray, in a fat, approx 23cm diameter circle, smoothing the sides and top with a knife , or spatula, or hubbies tiling trowel.
DONT USE THE ABOVEMENTIONED TROWEL
7. Place pavlova in the oven and immediately turn down the temperature to 130C, and bake for 1 hour 10 mins. My oven is a bit tempermental, keep an eye on it after 1 hour and adjust time as you see fit.
8. Turn oven off, open the oven door and allow to completley cool.
Once cooled, invert ( turn over ) the pavlova shell and dress the bottom of the pav with all the ingredients.
1. Mill the sugar 5secs/SP10
Add the lemon juice, butter and eggs and cook.
2. 10mins/80C/SP 2
3. Strain warm mixture into a bowl, stir through the lemon zest, cover and refridgerate.
For the toasted almonds, place into a dry medium sized frypan, over medium heat, and toast, shaking pan gently until they beginto colour. Set aside in a bowl until required.
As per instructions in BCB, page 46.
THIS IS A NIGELLA LAWSON RECIPE, CREATED AND PREPARED FOR A MASTERCHEF MASTERCLASS.
I have converted this recipe to allow it to be recreated using a Thermomix.
BEFORE YOU START YOUR BOWL MUST BE METICULOUSLY CLEAN, YOU MUST PERFORM A VINEGAR WASH PRIOR TO MAKING THIS RECIPE.
Insert butterfly, add 1 litre of boiling water from the kettle, ( its saves a bit of time ) 30mls of white vinegar
dry the bowl, blades and butterfly with a clean teatowel, and reassemble bowl
There are many, many recipes online and on the recipe community, with very simliar ingredients and methods, for Lemon Curd. The curd instructions I have included is the method from Thermofuns page, I have used this recipe in the past for desserts and have been very happy with the results.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut butter brownie bliss balls
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- Date rolls
- Sugar fried chestnut ls
- Musk Stick Fudge
- Chocolate creams
- LCHF Raw Caramel Slice
- Vegan Oreo No Bake Cheesecake with Choc Ripple Base
- Dairy Free Vanilla Custard
- Dairy free Honey Joys
- Dairy free soy free chocolate ice cream
- Date and almond butter chocolates
- Dairy Free Vanilla Custard
- Variation Easy chicken kimchi
- Easy chicken kimchi
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Goulash Soup, German Style
- Victoria sponge with vanilla buttercream filling.
- Green Chicken Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Kel's Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Soba noodle mee goreng