- 1500 g full cream milk
- 200 g whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 50 g white vinegar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 400 g caster sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 100 g hobnobs biscuits
- 100 g amaretti biscuits
- 80 g lightly roasted walnuts
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 150 g vanilla sugar
- 250 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Punnet of Strawberries
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 25 g dehydrated raspberries, for garnishing
- icing sugar, for sprinkling
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place milk and cream into mixing bowl and heat 12 min/80°C/speed 2. Ensure temperature reaches 80°C. Add salt with 30 seconds left on the time.
- Mix 10 sec/speed 3, pouring vinegar through hole in mixing bowl lid, milk will start to seperate. Set aside for 3 minutes.
- Line a simmering basket with 2 x chux clothes. Remove butterfly whisk. Carefully laddle curds into prepared simmering basket and set aside to drain for 25 minutes. Keep in refrigerator until needed. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place vanilla bean and sugar into mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 10 or until icing sugar consistency. Transfer into a sealable jar and set aside in pantry until required.
- Place butter into mixing bowl and and melt 3 min/60°C/speed 2 or until melted.
- Add biscuits and crush 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add walnuts and crush 5 sec/speed 5, until a coarse crumb. Transfer into a round springform tin (20 cm) and press firmly into the base. Place into refrigerator to chill.
- Place ricotta and vanilla sugar into mxing bowl and blend 30 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add cream cheese and blend 30 sec/speed 4.5.
- Add lemon zest and juice and blend 30 sec/speed 5. Pour over the top of biscuit base and spread evenly. Place into refrigerator for at least 2 hours to set.
- To serve, remove from springform tin and decorate with strawberries and raspberries. Sprinkle with dehydrated raspberries and icing sugar before serving.
No-bake ricotta cheesecake
Ricotta cheese to be used within 48 hours of making.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats