- 60 g blanched almonds
- 40 g Toasted sesame seeds
- 190 g plain flour
- 125 g chilled butter
- 55 g raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- melted butter for greasing
- 1 tablespoon Demera Sugar
- 500 g ricotta
- 100 g raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 g 70% Dark Chocolate
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 35 g pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2h 15minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add almonds and sesame seeds to bowl and chop speed 10 for 10 seconds
Add flour, butter, sugar and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5
Add 1 egg and vanilla extract and mix 10 seconds speed 4
Turn out onto floured surface, make into a ball and wrap in cling film and pop in fridge for 1 hour to rest.
Once rested, roll pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to 4mm thickness.
Brush 24cm flan tin with removable base with melted butter. Line tin with pastry over bottom and sides and pop back into fridge to rest. Meanwhile prepare filling.
Add sugar to bowl and mill for 5 seconds on speed 10
Add chocolate and chop for 5 seconds on speed 8.
Add ricotta, eggs, pine nuts, orange zest and cinnamon and mix for 10 seconds on speed 3.
Pour into prepared base, and top with strips of remaining pastry.
Brush the pastry with the remaining egg from pastry ingredients and sprinkle with the demera sugar.
Bank in oven on 180degrees for 45 minutes.
Chill before removing from tin. Serve with cream
Accessories you need
Converted from Good Taste Magazine April 2012
Suitable to make in the TM5 or TM31
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pear Crumble - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Val's Pavlova
- Estelles Apple Crumble
- Vegan GF Homemade Chocolates
- Nut-free Bliss Balls
- Taste Christmas Cake
- Keto Chocolate Nut Seed balls
- Baked Lemon Curd Cheesecake/s
- MINT CHOC-CHIP NANAIMO BARS
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble
- Cacao Pistachio Bliss Balls
- Raw Raspberry and Coconut Cheesecake
- Bean-Free Sundried Tomato Hummus
- Parsnip & Maple Syrup Cake
- Chickpea, Tomato & Quinoa Soup (Veg & Gluten Free)
- Pear, Pecan and Cheese Slice
- Raspberry and Walnut Crumble Slice
- Chicken & Pumpkin Salad with Chickpeas
- Millet & Pumpkin Patties
- Caramel, Honey and Salted Cashew Slice
- Easy Apricot & Nut Balls
- Spiced Rhubarb & Blueberry Jam
- Baby beetroot , feta & horseradish dip
- Pumpkin, Broccoli and Ricotta Pasta Bake
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Spinach and Ricotta Rolls
- Spinach and Cheese Burek
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Variation Spinach & Ricotta Rolls
- Spinach & Ricotta Rolls
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita