- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 Cup water
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 8 cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled, rectangle slices
- Handful of sour cherries
- Mint leaves to serve
- Sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- Pine nuts, toasted, to serve
- Vanilla ice cream to serve
Toast sesame seeds and pine nuts in TMX bowl then set aside.
Place sugar in TMX bowl and mill 10 secons on speed 10. Add water, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, star anise, pumpkin and sour cherries and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until pumpkin is tender and liquid has become syrup - 8 mins on 100 degrees reverse/speed 2, then check to see if you need the extra two minutes.
Remove all spices and place pumpkin and syrup on a serving plate. Place plate in the freezer for 2-3 minutes to cool.
Serve pumpkin topped with mint leaves, sesame seeds, pine nuts and two scoops of ice cream.
Accessories you need
Presented by Shane Delia on Ready Steady Cook (Network 10, Australia), to showcase pumpkin. Converted for the Thermomix by Roslyn Teirney. Shane recommends 1/8 pumpkin but he did not say what sort. I used butternut pumpkin and found there was enough syrup for half a small butternut pumpkin.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Deliciously thick Chocolate Custard
- Choc Orange Bliss Balls
- Strawberry Tiramisu (kids friendly, no alcohol)
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Znoud el sit
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)
- Mint Dip