- 900 g sour cream
- 250 g thickened cream
- 250 g icing sugar
- 30 g Butter
- 165 g white sugar
- 80 g honey
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 360 g plain flour
2h 0minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place whisk then add sugar, sour cream and icing sugar.
2. Whisk for 1-2mins at speed 3.5 or until peaks have formed.
3. Refridgerate until ready to construct.
- 1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan forced)
2. Beat the eggs and set aside.
3. Add sugar, honey and butter. Set temp 100 degrees, 20mins, speed 2. Watch and continue until sugar has disolved.
4. As soon as the sugar is disolved turn off the heat, add the whisk.
5. Turn speed to 3 and then slowly add the beaten eggs, through the MC hole and whisk until vigorously mixed. *Be careful to pull the heat from the mix to avoid scrambling the egg mix.
6. Remove the whisk.
7. Add the flour and baking soda, knead 2 mins. *the dough will become very firm and sticky so you may need to stop the mix sooner.
8. Seperate the dough into 8 equal pieces and begin to roll out each piece. *Dust generously with flour to stop from sticking to the rolling pin.
9. Using a 9" plate or I use the base of a springform cake tin, trace around the dough to make discs. *keep the off cuts for biscuit crumb topping.
10. Place each disc onto a piece of baking paper or thermo mat and cook for 5 mins each. *bubbling is fine and will not effect the cake.
11. Allow discs to cool completely on a rack before commencing assembly.
12. Bake the off cuts same as the discs and then when cool blitz for 3 secs, speed 8. Set aside for dusting cake.
- 1. When all discs are cooled completely. Place first disc onto plate and then cover with a generous layer of frosting.
2. Add another disc and repeat with frosting until all discs have been stacked together.
3. Coat the outside of the cake with remaining frosting and the dust top and sides with the biscuit crumbs.
4. Cover and refridgerate the cake for 24hrs before serving. *the rest time is important to allow all the flavours to infuse.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Egg Free Caramel Custard - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Balls
- Rice Bubble Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Apricot & coconut bites
- Pear Crumble - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Val's Pavlova
- Estelles Apple Crumble
- Vegan GF Homemade Chocolates
- Nut-free Bliss Balls
- Taste Christmas Cake
- Keto Chocolate Nut Seed balls