THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 Cup pitted dates1
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 90 g unsalted butter, Softened
- 125 g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, Beaten
- 175 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 level teaspoon Coffee Essence
- 200 g dark chocolate, Broken into cubes
- 175 g brown sugar
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 150 mls thickened cream
- 50 g dark chocolate
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
Grease and line a tin approx 17 x 25
No need to wash bowl between any of the following steps.
Put dates and 175 mls of bowling water in small dish with 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda. Soak for 10 mins.
Place chocolate in TM bowl and grate on speed 8 for 5 secnand set aside.
Place the date mixture into TM bowl and blend on speed 7 for 5 secs or until smooth And set aside.
Place butter, sugar, and vanilla in TM bowl fitted with butterfly. Mix on speed 4 until light and fluffy, scraping down sides every minute or so. Add eggs and beat on speed 4 until we'll combined (about 20 secs).
Remove butterfly, scrape down sides and all remaining ingredients including date mix and chocolate. Combine speed 3 10 secs then speed 3 10 secs.
Spread into prepared tin and bake for 40 to 45 mins until skewer comes out clean. Leave in tin for 15 mins then turn out onto wire rack.
For sauce place all ingredients in TM set to temp 60 degrees for 4 mins speed 2 or until all melted and mixed.
This recipe is adapted from Valli Little's delicious "More Please"
I bake ahead and freeze whole or cut into individual serves, simply reheat in microwave and serve with vanilla ice cream and sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Choc Protein Balls
- Coffee whip (dairy free, egg free, vegan)
- Quick Vanilla & Citrus Protein Bliss Balls
- Variation pineapple and mango soft serve
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- marble cheese brownies
- Toblerone & Caramel Simple Ice Cream
- Jules Bliss Balls
- Aromatic Chickpea Soup
- Pepita Pesto
- Sweet-corn Fritters
- Prawn and Quinoa Stuffed Squid Tubes with Prawn Bisque
- A Christmas Date
- Paprika & parmesan Christmas crackers
- Miso steamed chicken with asparagus and oyster mushrooms
- Clone of Steamed individual Sticky Date Puddings
- Chicken and Fish Balls in Asian Noodle Broth
- Apple and Oat Bran Muffins