- 1 green apple, (peeled and diced)
- 1 bunch rhubarb, (trimmed and cut into 2 cm pieces)
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, (or butter if you prefer)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup brown rice (or almond) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup slivered or flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (or butter if you prefer)
8Recipe is created for
For the filling:
Put the dates, roughly chopped rhubarb, peeled and roughly chopped green apple into the mixing bowl. Put the dial to lid closed position and chop turbo 3 or 4 times.
Add the cinnamon, vanilla and 2 tablespoons coconut oil (about 50/60g) and cook REVERSE speed 1 at 90 degrees for 5 minutes.
Pour into baking dish.
For the topping:
Add 1/2 cup (65g) brown rice flour, 1/2 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder, 1 up (50g ) quinoa flakes, 1/2 cup (50g) almonds, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, 1/2 cup (70g) coconut sugar and 3 tablespoons coconut oil (about 75/80 g). Mix closed lid position turbo a few times - until desired crumb-like consistency is achieved.
Pour topping over filling and bake in a moderate oven for about 30 minutes until brown and bubbling.
You can use butter (organic grass fed if possible) instead of coconut oil (50 grams for the filling and 100 grams for the toping)
You can use rolled oats instead of quinoa flakes (1/2 cup)
For more yummy recipes check out my website www.theshrinkinghubby.com or follow me on facebook.com/theshrinkinghubby
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LEMON POSSET serves 12-18 with SUGAR FREE option
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Milo Balls
- Apple Pikelets Egg Free Adaptable
- Choc Mint Fudge
- Strawberry "Yogo"
- Spanish Cream Cheese Flan
- Small Pavlova
- Cheesecake Balls
- Black rice cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Coconut & Date Bliss Balls
- Gluten Free and Nut Free Miracle Chocolate Brownies (with sweet potato and kale)
- The Shrinking Hubby's Chewy Salted Caramel Cookies
- The Shrinking Hubby's Healthy Chocolate Custard (GF, DF, RSF)
- The Shrinking Hubby's Hearty Vegetable Soup
- The Shrinking Hubby's Gluten Free Chewy Choc Chip Cookies
- Chicken Cacciatore (low fat, HCG-friendly)
- The Shrinking Hubby's Quick and Easy Gluten,Diary and Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- The Shrinking Hubby's Almond Meal Pancakes
- The Shrinking Hubby's Apple and Zucchini Loaf (sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, grain-free)
- The Shrinking Hubby's Grain-free, Sugar-free Coconut Crunchy Museli
- The Shrinking Hubby's Pesto