- 1 tablespoons palm sugar
- 4 eschalots
- 12 kaffer lime leaves
- 2 sticks Lemongrass stalk
- 4 centimetres ginger
- 8 cloves garlic
- 200 grams coconut cream
- 60 grams coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 700 grams Firm White Fish, deboned and skin removed
- 4 large banana leaves
- 300 grams quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 900 grams Boiling water
- 1 red chilli, to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grate Palm Sugar on speed 9 for 5 seconds
Chop eschalots on speed 5 for 3 seconds, scrape bowl and repeat is necessary. Set aside.
Put half the kaffir lime leaves, the lemongrass ginger, garlic and 30g of coconut cream into the bowl and process on speed 3.5 until it forms a paste. You may need to stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl every minute or so.
Add coconut oil and eschalots to the bowl and cook for 4 min/100 degrees/speed 2 m/c off. Add coconut cream, fish sauce and palm sugar and cook for another 4 min/100 degrees/speed 2. Set aside.
Add fish to coconut sauce and gently stir to combine, spoon into the banana leaves and fold over to enclose securing with a bamboo skewer.
Add quinoa to simmering basket and water to the bowl (add a kaffir lime leaf to the water to give a citrus flavour to the rice) and place the fish parcels into the varoma. Cook for 15 min/100 degrees/speed 2.
Top with sliced chilli’s and reserved kaffir leaves
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Creamy Tuscan salmon with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes
- Z's Grilled Octopus
- Creamy Tuna Tomato & Pasta
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Braised Jew Fish
- Fried Shrimps
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Cheesy Salmon Pie
- Fakes- Greek Lentil Soup
- Carrot, Ginger and Turmeric Soup
- Frijoles colados estilo guatemalteco
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Cheesy Bacon Scrolls
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Chorizo Risotto
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup