- 500 g beef mince or steak
- 60 g lean bacon
- 2 slices frozen bread, (avoid end crusts)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 tablespoon sauce of choice e.g. tomato, (tomato, BBQ, Worcestershire)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 60 g dry breadcrumbs
- 1000 g water
- Break frozen bread into pieces and place into TM bowl and mill for 10 secs on speed 6 and set aside.
- Mince bacon for 8 secs on speed 7 and set aside.
- Trim fat from beef and cut partially frozen meat into cubes.
- Mince trimmed partially frozen beef cubes for 8-15 secs or longer on Speed 7 until desired consistency.
- Add minced bacon, breadcrumbs, flour, sauce, egg, salt and pepper to taste to minced meat in TM bowl. Mix 20 secs, Reverse. Use spatula if needed.
- Place mixture onto sheet of oiled aluminium foil and shape into a sausage. Wrap tightly in foil and place in Varoma tray.
- Place water into TM bowl and Varoma into position. Steam 45 mins, Varoma, Speed 1.
- Carefully remove sausage from foil and roll in dry breadcrumbs. Refrigerate overnight before slicing thinly and serve as an accompaniment to a salad or on sandwiches.
Accessories you need
This is an old recipe that travelled to Australia from Scotland in the early days and is or was very popular fare at picnics. In the original recipe the 'sausage' is tied securely in a floured cloth and boiled for two hours. Thermomix version is much quicker and easier!
In doing the conversion I used the recipe in my 'Simple Cookery' courtesy of Qld Dept of Education from about 1960’s.
Topside or Round steak will work best. Commercially prepared mince could also be used.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Monday Night (Beef or Lamb) Curry
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)