- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 leek, large, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 30 Butter
- 600 g Chicken thigh fillets, cut into cubes
- 100 g bacon, diced
- 200 g chicken stock liquid
- 2 tablespoons cornflour, mixed to a paste with a little water
- 100 g Cooking cream
- PASTRY, I use shortcrust pastry from the EDC or puff pastry from the shops if I am being lazy
Place garlic, onions and leek into mixing bowl and chop for 5 sec/speed 5.
Add butter and cook 4 min 100 degrees/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
Add chicken and bacon and cook for 5 min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
Add chicken stock and cook for 15 min/100C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1. MC off. Put the basket on top to avoid splashing.
Add cornflour mix (may be adjusted if you think mixture is too thick or not thick enough) and cream and mix 20 seconds / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 2-3.
Allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 200C.
Line base of pie dish with rolled pastry (I spray the dish lightly with oil first to avoid sticking) making sure it goes to the edge. Add cooled filling and cover with another rolled pastry sheet. Press edges together with a fork and poke some holes in the top. Cut off any excess pastry that is hanging over. Brush with a little milk.
Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes.
Accessories you need
This recipe was adapted (for my own collection) from the chicken and leek pie by janisp. Her recipe includes homemade pastry in the recipe and it was also delicious.
In my opinion this recipe tastes best with puff pastry.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Lemongrass beef skewers with satay sauce
- Slow Cooked Pulled Mexican Beef