- 1 bunch Fresh herbs, e.g. Thyme, Parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2cm piece ginger, peeled
- 1/2 medium onion, halved
- 40 grams oil
- 100 grams carrot, cut in rings
- 120 grams red capsicum, roughly chopped or sliced
- 400-500 grams chicken thighs, boneless and cubed
- 480-500 grams apricot nectar
- 300 grams water
- 1 tablespoon TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 300 grams arborio rice
- salt & pepper, To taste
- 50 grams frozen peas
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place fresh herbs, garlic, ginger and onion into TM bowl. Chop for 5-7 seconds on Speed 7.
Add oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100' on Speed 1.
Add carrots and capsicum and chop for 3 seconds on Speed 7.
Insert butterfly. Add chicken and 50g of nectar. Cook for 2 minutes at 100' on Reverse + Speed soft .
Add remaining nectar, water, stock, rice, salt and pepper. Cook for 17 minutes at 100' on Reverse + Speed soft .
Add peas 2 minutes before the end of cooking time. Pour into Thermoserver or insulated serving bowl and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. This assists in the continued absorption of liquid by the rice. Serve.
Do not use more chicken or vegetables than suggested in recipe to avoid overloading your Thermomix!
This recipe is a lovely twist on your traditional Apricot Chicken. The carrots & capsicum are optional - feel free to add less or none at all if you want a more traditional Apricot Chicken. I plan to puree the leftovers for my 10 month old to enjoy tomorrow!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Keto LCHF seed Crackers
- Kazza’s Bolognaise Pasta sauce
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Buster's Dog Food Stew
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF