- 1 bunch Fresh herbs, e.g. Thyme, Parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-2cm piece ginger, peeled
- 1/2 medium onion, halved
- 40 grams oil
- 100 grams carrot, cut in rings
- 120 grams red capsicum, roughly chopped or sliced
- 400-500 grams chicken thighs, boneless and cubed
- 480-500 grams apricot nectar
- 300 grams water
- 1 tablespoon TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 300 grams arborio rice
- salt & pepper, To taste
- 50 grams frozen peas
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place fresh herbs, garlic, ginger and onion into TM bowl. Chop for 5-7 seconds on Speed 7.
Add oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100' on Speed 1.
Add carrots and capsicum and chop for 3 seconds on Speed 7.
Insert butterfly. Add chicken and 50g of nectar. Cook for 2 minutes at 100' on Reverse + Speed soft .
Add remaining nectar, water, stock, rice, salt and pepper. Cook for 17 minutes at 100' on Reverse + Speed soft .
Add peas 2 minutes before the end of cooking time. Pour into Thermoserver or insulated serving bowl and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. This assists in the continued absorption of liquid by the rice. Serve.
Do not use more chicken or vegetables than suggested in recipe to avoid overloading your Thermomix!
This recipe is a lovely twist on your traditional Apricot Chicken. The carrots & capsicum are optional - feel free to add less or none at all if you want a more traditional Apricot Chicken. I plan to puree the leftovers for my 10 month old to enjoy tomorrow!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Chicken Creamy Lemon Spinach Paprika TASTY QUICK 14mins
- Low fodmap steamed Chinese 5 spice chicken buns
- Individual Chicken Roulades with Cranberry and Macadamia Stuffing
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- Frikkadel (Meatballs)
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Spicy Moroccan Lamb Stew
- Creamy Chicken Canelloni
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Easy Beef Burgers
- Gluten Free Bread
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Heavenly Hot Cross Buns
- Mangoffee Protein Shake
- My Version of Sous Vide Eggs
- Perfect Pizza Dough - one serving