- 90 g ice cubes
- 180 g unsalted butter, frozen, roughly chopped
- 200 g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 500 g beef fillet steak, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegemite
- 100 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- tomato ketchup, to serve, (see general tips)
- 1 qty shortcrust pastry, (see general tips)
Place ice and butter into mixing bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add flour and salt and mix 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl, then knead 2 min/"Closed lid" /"Dough mode" .
Wrap pastry in plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using.
Grease a large (Texas-size) 6-hole muffin tray and set aside.
Place parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Set aside.
Place garlic and onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add cornflour, beef, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Vegemite, mushrooms, black pepper and reserve parsley,
and cook 10 min/100°C/speed 1. Allow to cool completely before assembling pies.
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Roll out the shortcrust pastry to a 2mm thickness and line prepared muffin tray. Roll out again and cut six pieces to size to double-line the base of each pie. Place lined tray into the freezer for 15 minutes.
Once chilled, fill each pie shell with cooled beef mixture.
Roll out iced puff pastry to a 5mm thickness and cut into 6 round pieces to form the top of pies. Seal pies by pressing around the edges. Slice across top of each pie to form a slit in the pastry and bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Allow to cool slightly before removing from tray.
Iced puff pastry
See the Everyday Cookbook for Tomato ketchup and Shortcrust pastry recipes.
Roll out, wrap and freeze any leftover pastry to use at a later date. If you prefer your meat filling to have a finer consistency, pulse two times1 sec/"Closed lid" /Turbo, before adding in step 5.
Other users also liked...
- Jess's Spag Bol
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Karaage Chicken
- 40 kids Spaghetti Bol sauce
- Nana's Chicken and Spaghetti
- Hidden Veg Rissoles
- Sous Vide Wagyu Striploin
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Custard Square
- Curried Sausages
- Maple Coconut Sugar Butter Cookies
- Coffee Butter Cookies
- DAIRY FREE ALMOND MILK CUSTARD
- Super Simple Gluten Free Cookies (Allergy Free option)
- Stewed Blood Plums (for Crumbles) - Thermo Cazza
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables