- 90 g ice cubes
- 180 g unsalted butter, frozen, roughly chopped
- 200 g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 500 g beef fillet steak, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegemite
- 100 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- tomato ketchup, to serve, (see general tips)
- 1 qty shortcrust pastry, (see general tips)
Place ice and butter into mixing bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add flour and salt and mix 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl, then knead 2 min//.
Wrap pastry in plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using.
Grease a large (Texas-size) 6-hole muffin tray and set aside.
Place parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Set aside.
Place garlic and onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add cornflour, beef, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Vegemite, mushrooms, black pepper and reserve parsley,
and cook 10 min/100°C/speed 1. Allow to cool completely before assembling pies.
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Roll out the shortcrust pastry to a 2mm thickness and line prepared muffin tray. Roll out again and cut six pieces to size to double-line the base of each pie. Place lined tray into the freezer for 15 minutes.
Once chilled, fill each pie shell with cooled beef mixture.
Roll out iced puff pastry to a 5mm thickness and cut into 6 round pieces to form the top of pies. Seal pies by pressing around the edges. Slice across top of each pie to form a slit in the pastry and bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Allow to cool slightly before removing from tray.
Iced puff pastry
See the Everyday Cookbook for Tomato ketchup and Shortcrust pastry recipes.
Roll out, wrap and freeze any leftover pastry to use at a later date. If you prefer your meat filling to have a finer consistency, pulse two times1 sec//Turbo, before adding in step 5.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- French Apple Tart with Pastry Cream
- Hit the milk - Hot sauce
- Bounty Cake
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Knefah Cups