- 90 g ice cubes
- 180 g unsalted butter, frozen, roughly chopped
- 200 g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp sea salt
- 2 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 500 g beef fillet steak, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegemite
- 100 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- tomato ketchup, to serve, (see general tips)
- 1 qty shortcrust pastry, (see general tips)
Place ice and butter into mixing bowl and chop 15 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add flour and salt and mix 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl, then knead 2 min//.
Wrap pastry in plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes before using.
Grease a large (Texas-size) 6-hole muffin tray and set aside.
Place parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Set aside.
Place garlic and onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add cornflour, beef, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, Vegemite, mushrooms, black pepper and reserve parsley,
and cook 10 min/100°C/speed 1. Allow to cool completely before assembling pies.
Preheat oven to 200°C.
Roll out the shortcrust pastry to a 2mm thickness and line prepared muffin tray. Roll out again and cut six pieces to size to double-line the base of each pie. Place lined tray into the freezer for 15 minutes.
Once chilled, fill each pie shell with cooled beef mixture.
Roll out iced puff pastry to a 5mm thickness and cut into 6 round pieces to form the top of pies. Seal pies by pressing around the edges. Slice across top of each pie to form a slit in the pastry and bake 30-35 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Allow to cool slightly before removing from tray.
Iced puff pastry
See the Everyday Cookbook for Tomato ketchup and Shortcrust pastry recipes.
Roll out, wrap and freeze any leftover pastry to use at a later date. If you prefer your meat filling to have a finer consistency, pulse two times1 sec//Turbo, before adding in step 5.
Other users also liked...
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Pork Bun
- Japanese Gyoza (dumplings)
- Dolla's Cauliflower Cheese
- Gus' Pasta
- Chilli Cornbread
- Chicken and Corn Soup
- Edmonds Custard
- Portuguese Donuts (Bolas de Berlim)
- Mini Victoria Sponge cake and Mini Tea cake
- All in One Curried Sausages, Mash & Vegies
- Cambodian Fish Amok
- Avocado cheese stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon - all in one dinner