- 300 g Dry Macaroni Pasta
- 900 g water
- 100 g Butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 Large Onion (or 2 Small) Chopped In Half
- 4 Bacon Rashers Chopped In 2cm strips
- 50 g plain flour
- 600 g Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock, (optional)
- 150 g Tasty cheese
- 100 g bread crumbs
- 20 g Parmesan cheese, (optional)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Edited to add more "punch"...
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease 1.5 Litre over proof dish.
Place Macaroni into ThermoServer with 900g of fresh boiled water. Set aside. Do not remove lid until ready to use.
Place Onion and Garlic into TM bowl - Chop for 7 seconds on speed 4 - Scrape down the sides
Add 50g Butter - Saute for 2 minutes, 100 degree, speed 1.
Add Bacon slices and cook for 4 mins, 100degrees, , speed 1
Add Flour and stir for 2 minute, 80 degrees, speed 1 while gradually adding milk. Scrape down the sides. Add salt, stock paste and 100g of cheese then cook for 5 minutes on 90 degree, speed 2.
Strain Pasta and place into Oven proof dish. Stir in mixure & remaining (50g) Cheese.
Rinse & dry TM bowl (I can never be bothered). Place remaining Butter (50g), breadcrumbs and parmesan into TM bowl and saute for 2 minute, 100 degree, speed 1. Remove and spread over Macaroni and cheese to cover.
Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Serve with salad, garlic bread or by itself.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Mustard and chive chicken
- Clean Thai Beef Salad with Brown Rice
- Sous Vide Rib
- Padang Style Chicken Curry Recipe
- Curried Sausages
- Slow cooked Curried Sausages - with hidden veggies
- Variation Kid-friendly pearl couscous bolognese for Mum and baby
- Thai Chicken or Fish Patties
- Slow Cooked Silverside/Corned Beef
- Baked lemon & chicken rissoto
- Yummo meatballs & sauce - oven cooked
- Courgette Flan
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Tim Tam Hot Chocolate
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Whole bitter/lemon bundt cake
- Mandy's Chai Latte mix
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup