- 1000 grams gravy beef, cut into large cubes
- 60 grams plain flour, for dusting
- to taste salt
- to taste pepper, ground
- 1 --- celery stalk, cut in to pieces
- 1 --- carrot, cut into pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 --- brown onion, halved
- 15 grams olive oil
- 1 can Guinness, 440ml
- 250 grams red wine
- 2 heaped tsp beef stock powder
- 20 grams Worcestershire sauce
- 2 --- bay leaf
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 50 grams tomato paste
- 2 level teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 4 heaped tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1h 50minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add flour, salt and pepper to a plastic bag.
Shake to mix then add cubed beef, Shake again to coat.
Reserve for later.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the TM bowl.
Mix 4 SECONDS on SPEED 7.
Scrape down the TM bowl.
- Add the olive oil, beef and any excess flour to the TM bowl.
Braise 10 MINUTES/ VAROMA/ SPEED "Gentle stir setting" / MC OUT/ REVERSE.
- Add Guinness, wine, tomato paste, beef stock powder, bay leaf, thyme and worcestershire sauce to the TM bowl.
Cook 15 MINUTES/ VAROMA/ REVERSE/ SPEED "Gentle stir setting" ,placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
- Remove simmering basket and replace MC.
Cook for 45 MINUTES/ 100 degrees/ REVERSE/ SPEED "Gentle stir setting" .
Check seasoning adding more salt and pepper to taste.
Remove the MC, replace with the simmering basket and cook 20 MINUTES/ VAROMA/ SPEED "Gentle stir setting" to thicken slightly.
- To serve, remove bay leaf and thyme stalks.
Serve with creamy mash potato or better yet colcannon.
Top with combined parsley and lemon zest for zing.
Accessories you need
This is also great made into pies.
Or simply cut a sheet of puff pastry into 4 and bake in the oven until golden. Place on top of stew to serve.
Left overs made into jaffles the next day is even better.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Popcorn Chicken
- Egg Free Brioche
- Roti Boy
- Simple Gluten Free Pizza Bases
- Gourmet crackers
- Torcetti al burro
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Savoury Bites