- 1 clove garlic
- 1 piece of fresh ginger (same size as garlic clove)
- handful of fresh coriander
- handful of parsley
- 1/2 -1 onion
- 2 shallots, - cut into 4-5 pieces each
- 1-2 tablespoons oil
- 1 zucchini, - cut in half - half roughly chopped and half chopped into 2 x2 cm segments
- 1 carrot, - diced in 2 x 2 cm rounds or semi circle chunks
- 200 g potato, diced into 2 x 2 c, chunks
- 500 g beef, 2-3 cm cubes or strips
- 1 tin of diced tomatoes or use fresh diced
- 200 ml water
- 2-3 tablespoons stock concentrate
- diced capsicum if desired
- 1 -2 tablespoons cornflour for thickening of gravy if needed
Place garlic, ginger, parsley, coriander, onion and shallots into TM and chop 3 seconds, Speed 5.
Add 1/2 zucchini and chop 3 secs Speed 5
Add oil and saute for 3 minutes on 100degrees Speed 1
Add 500g beef and cook for 5 minutes Varoma Temp, Reverse soft
Add tin of tomatoes, stock paste, water, and vegetables
Cook 25 minutes, 100degrees reverse soft.
Towards the end take the MC off if you wish the sauce to thicken.
Alternatively you can empty casserole into Thermoserver and retain 1 cup of liquid in TM, add cornflour and mix on Speed 4 to blend and thicken, then add back into Thermoserver and stir through.
serve with steamed green vegies
on rice or pasta
or with bread rolls to soak up the gravy!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.