- parsley, (opt Garnish)
- 1 brown onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 30 g olive oil
- 400 g Beef Chuck Steak, (or rump) cut into 3 cm cubes
- 330 g water
- 1.5 tablespoon TM stock concentrate
- 1 beef stock pot, i.e beef stock concentrate
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 potatoes, small, cubed into 2 cm
- 1 celery stalk, (or whatever you have)
- 1 can Tomatoes 400g
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon
- sour cream, (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes, (if no onions)
- 2 teaspoons dried garlic powder, (if no garlic)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Paprika Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried majoram
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Pepper.
- 2 bay leaves
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
This recipe was created based on what was in my pantry and fridge at the time. I served it with 'one minute Dutch oven bread' - which resembles sour dough bread.
Place parsley into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/ speed 4. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Without cleaning the bowl, place onion, garlic and olive oil iinto mixing bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then saute 3 min / 120°C / speed 1
Add beef and saute 2 min / 120°C / / speed 1.
[Alternatively, flour your beef and brown in a hot skillet]
Add all remaining ingredients except parsley and sour cream and; cook 45 min / 80°C / / speed . Add salt to taste.
Transfer goulash into serving bowls and garnish with parsley and sour cream. Enjoy with crusty sour dough bread.
The maple syrup is added to offset the tartness and acidity of the canned tomatoes and the lemon. If you like, you can omit the maple syrup.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Stewed Beef Brisket with tomato
- Pomegranate Juice
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Breakfast Müsli in a Jar
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Chocolate coconut slice
- Cashew oat drink
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Kim's Mulberry and Chia Seed Jam