- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 4 green cardamon pods
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 onion large, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2.5/3 piece ginger fresh
- 50 grams ghee or oil
- 1 tablespoon massaman curry paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 6-700 grams rump/porterhouse steak, 2-3cm chunks
- 250 grams potatoes, peeled and cut into 2cm chunks
- 400 gram 425g can diced tomatoes, drained (keep liquid to add if too dry)
- 400 gram ml can coconut milk/cream
- 2-3 fresh chillies, bruised (seeds out or in, depends on your taste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 heaped tablespoon peanut paste
15h 35minPreparation 15h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Place all seeds, cardamon pods & cloves in bowl and roast for 2 mins, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Mill for 75 seconds speed 9, set aside.
Put onion, garlic & ginger in bowl and chop for 3-4 seconds on speed 7. (don't worry about cleaning the bowl in between)
Scrape down sides of bowl, add oil & cook 3 mins at varoma temp, speed 1
Add curry paste, turmeric & roasted spices, cook for 3 minutes, varoma temp speed 1.
Add beef & cook 5 minutes, varoma temp, reverse soft speed.
Add potatoes, diced drained tomatoes, coconut milk, sugar, chillies and cook for 20 minutes, 100 degrees, reverse soft speed.
Add cream and peanut paste and cook for a further 15 minutes at 100 degrees, reverse, soft speed.
Serve with basmati rice
Beef & Potato Curry
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Sweet & Sour Pork Belly
- Mum T's meatloaf
- Spicy beef
- Meatloaf with Barbecue Sauce
- Roast chicken low carb
- Chicken sausage & macaroni casserole
- Thai chicken cakes with satay sauce and pickled cucumber drizzle
- Satay Chicken
- Portuguese Pea stew - Ervilhas com ovos escalfados
- Variation Chicken, Bacon, Pumpkin & Spinach Risotto
- Quick Quiche Boats
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns