- Half portion Boiled rice from TBC
- 1000 grams minced meat, (Beef or half beef and pork mix)
- 1 brown onion, Quartered
- 3 cloves gralic
- Half bunch Continental parsley(leaves only)
- 1 teaspoon Ground smoked paprika
- 30g vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper and chilli powder to taste
- 2 teaspoons Vegeta (vegetable seasoning)
- 1 package Fant mix for stuffed capsicums (optional but does add flavour), If not using Fant use 50g breadcrumbs)
- 100 ml water
- 8 Red capsicums or mix with yellow Hungarian capsicums
- 60 grams Butter
- 60 grams plain flour
- 1 jar 700g passata sauce
- As per TBC
2h 20minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Prepare as per TBC instructions, when cooked spread over baking sheet to enhance cooling process but cover lightly with glad wrap so it doesn't dry out. Cool. Discard the water from wash and dry.
Chop parsley 7 sec/speed 5 repeat if necessary, put this aside. Without washing add quartered onion, garlic and chop 7 sec/speed 5 repeat if necessary scraping down the sides, add the oil and paprika and sauté 3 min/60 deg/ speed 3 with MC on.
Add to this contents of Fant packet or breadcrumbs if using, salt, pepper chilli, vegeta, parsley and water, mix to combine 15 sec/ speed 3.
Using a big stainless steel bowl add contents of mince and the cooled rice, mix this with your hands then add the onion mixture to bind.
Prepare capsicum, wash and cut around stem top to create an opening discard seeds and veins, spoon fill with prepared mince. Position upright in the big Veroma dish. You will have half the mince mixture left over, to this add the beaten whole egg to bind and form approx 8 balls (tennis ball size) and place these on top tray of Veroma and set aside.
Place 1 litre hot water (From a jug)in place lid and big Veroma dish with capsicums, cover and place on top of lid. Set 40 mins/Veroma temp./speed 2. Whilst cooking prepare your potatoes for the mash when dish is cooked.
After 20 minutes of cooking, stop the clock, add the top tray with the meat balls and finish cooking time. Check for doneness extend cooking for further 10mins if required (you may remove the capsicums at this stage (put warming dish) so as not to over cook them). When meatballs cooked add to warming dish or large casserole dish, gently pour the tomato sauce over the capsicums/meatballs serve with mash potatoes and sprinkle some chopped parsley to garnish.
- In clean add butter and melt for 3min/100 deg/speed 2. Add the flour and continue to cook 3 min/100 deg 2 mins. Scrape down sides half way and finish cooking. To this add the reserved stock and the passata (you can add a spoonful of sugar if preferred) and cook with MC on for 5 mins/60 deg/ speed 2.
- Prepare as per instructions in The Basic Cookbook TBC.
This recipe yields enough for 8 servings, very generous however you can reduce the rice and meat quantities by half, I have fussy eaters that prefer just the meatballs without capsicum, up to your preference. I don't use green capsicum as it is stronger and tends to induce reflux.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- My Grandma`s Cheese Cake
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Genovese pasta
- Peanut butter and popcorn muesli bars
- Soph’s banana cake
- Cashew Milk (Mylk)
- Chocolate chip biscuits
- Pizza dough thin and crispy