- 5 spring onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary, fresh
- 120 grams red wine
- 1/2-1 tbsp TM veg or meat stock concentrate
- 750 gram water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp vegemite (optional)
- 1 butterflied leg of lamb aprox 1.2kg, (ask your butcher to debone a leg or buy one ready-marinated e.g. from Harris Farm or Woolies)
- mixed herbs of choice if marinating your own, eg. mint, oregano, rosemary, parsley
- 10 baby potatoes, washed & halved
- 1 sweet potato, peeled & cut into pieces the same size as potato
- 150 grams frozen peas
1. Add garlic, spring onions & rosemary to TMX bowl & chop 3sec / sp7. Add oil & butter & saute 2mins / 100degrees / sp1 MC removed.
2. Add wine, stock & water. Into the Varoma base (tray removed) add root veges then place lamb on top (cut into 2 pieces if there is a 'flap' so that it sits flatter), making sure there are gaps for the steam to filter through the veges. Steam 35mins / Varoma / sp2.
3. Check to see how pink the meat is still. If veges are tender, remove and place into a ThermoServer to keep warm. If meat is done to your liking, remove also. Otherwise, add peas and continue cooking, same settings, for a further 5-10mins.
4. Once meat is done to your liking, set the veges aside in a Thermoserver while you brown the lamb on both sides either on the BBQ or in a hot pan.
5. While meat is browning, strain the gravy through your TM basket into another jug, discard the rosemary & onion pieces then return the gravy liquid to the TM bowl. Insert buttefly, add the cornflour, vegemite and salt & pepper to taste and cook 6 mins / Varoma / sp2 or until thickened.
Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Vegetables & Gravy
Steaming the lamb produces a very tender piece of meat. I have tried butterflied lamb on the BBQ (it tends to be a bit tough) and in the crockpot (it shrinks). You don't have to brown it at the end, but it does bring out the flavours and looks less anaemic.
Experiment with different veges in season and according to your family's taste. See EDC for aprox. steaming times and what size to cut them.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Variation of Savoury Scrolls with Pumpkin Dough
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Jaffa Fudge Cake
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Pumpkin Scone Wedge
- Funfetti Blondies
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Hot Cross Buns
- TM6 Vanilla Slice - Pie Maker Version
- Spicy Chicken Curry Recipe:
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns