- 500 gram diced chicken breast
- 250 gram brown onion, peeled and halved
- 1 whole head of garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, optional
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon chicken stock paste, (or 2 chicken stock cubes)
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 Cup water
- 2 cups basmalti rice
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 8 cardomon pods
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 Cup sultanas, optional
- 20 gram oil, personal preference is olive oil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add onions to bowl. Chop for 3 sec, speed 5. Scrape down bowl. Add 20g oil and cook for 10mins, 120*C, soft speed, reverse, MC off.
Remove cooked onion to a small bowl and set aside.
Without washing, add all the garlic. Chop 3 sec, speed 5. Scrape down bowl. Return onion to bowl. Add fennel seeds, coriander, cumin, ginger. Mix for 10 sec, speed 1, reverse. Insert butterfly.
Add diced chicken. Cook for 10mins, 120*C, slow speed, reverse.
Add coconut cream, water, stock, tumeric, cinnamon stick, cardomon pods, cloves, rice and sultanas.
Cook for 13mins, 100*C, speed 1.5, reverse, MC off.
Serve with your choice of sides or on its own.
Use vegetable stock and replace chicken with your choice of veggies for vegetarian option (eg: coined carrots, peas, snowpeas, capsicum sliced ect)
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- The BEST Dumplings
- Samoan Chop Sui
- Hamburger Patties
- Beef, Veg and Mushroom Pie
- Rima’s Fasoulyeh with meat
- Hainanese Chicken and Rice-cheats version(this is a one pot wonder)
- Rima's Lebanese Mushroom and mince with rice
- Rolled oats rissoles
- Korean Short Rib Tacos with Carrot & Red Onion Slaw
- Masala chai spiced muffins
- Apple & Cinnamon Breakfast Bite
- Strawberry, Raspberry & White Choc Muffins
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Basilico Spago
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Pizza Bread Pull Apart