- 500 grams chicken, thigh or breast
- 40 grams quinoa, uncooked
- 100 grams carrot, roughly chopped
- 100 grams zucchini, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp oil, for cooking
- 1 portion Thermomade foccacia dough, See Everyday Cookbook pg. 141
- 2-3 tomatoes, sliced
- Lettuce or mixed leaves, roughly cut
- 1/2-1 cucumber, sliced
- Red onion relish (optional), See Everyday Cookbook pg. 47
- cheese (optional), sliced
1. Prepare foccacia dough as per Everyday Cookbook (pg. 141)
2. After 1st rise, when knocking the dough down, divide into 6-8 equal portions.
3. Preheat oven to 180C.
4. Shape into flat oval shapes on baking trays (lined with baking paper) and allow to rise for anoth 30-45 mins.
5. Cook in oven for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
1. Add quinoa and 200g of water to TM bowl. Cook 12min/100C//speed 2. Remove from bowl and allow to cool.
2. Add zucchini and carrot to bowl. Chop 10sec/speed 5-6.
3. Add chicken. Mince 10-20sec/speed 5 or until desired consistency is achieved.
4. Add chia seeds, qunioa, salt and pepper. Mix 10-20sec//speed 5 or until well combined.
5. Divide mixture into 6-8 portions and form into patties.
6. Heat pan or BBQ, add oil. Cook until golden brown on each side (approx. 5 minutes per side).
1. Cut foccacia buns in half. Toast if desired.
2. Fill with burger patty & other filling ingredients.
Accessories you need
You can prepare the Red Onion Relish, burger patties and burger filling while the foccacia buns are rising & cooking to save time.
Burger patties can also be frozen (as long as chicken has not been previously frozen). Place a sheet a baking paper between each patty when freezing for ease when unfrozen.
Chicken can also be substituted with beef or lamb.
This recipe was adapted from thechiaco.com.au
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Monday Night (Beef or Lamb) Curry
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Jaffa Truffles
- Luxurious Oatmeal Milk Bath
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Green Smoothie Muffins