- 1000 gram skinless chicken thighs
- 3 level teaspoons sweet paprika
- 3 level teaspoons mustard powder
- 3 potatoes, Peeled and diced into 2-3cm
- 1 red onion, Peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, Peeled
- 1 red capsicum, Sliced
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme, fresh, (Normal fresh time substitute is fine)
- 2 chorizo sausages, Cut into 1cm slices
- 1 litres water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Fill with roughly 1 litre water and place simmering basket inside.
Peel and dice potatoes and place in steaming basket.
3. Mix 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika and 2 teaspoons of mustard in a bowl.
4. Chop chicken into pieces and mix with paprika and mustard mixture.
5. Place coated chicken, chopped chorizo, onion and capsicum evenly between the top plate and bottom bowl of the varoma basket.
6. Put one piece of peeled garlic and approximately 3 sprigs of lemon thyme in each layer of the varoma basket.
7. Sprinkle remaining teaspoons of paprika and mustard over mixture.
8. Pop varoma in place and cook 20 minutes / varoma temp / speed 2.
9. Turn/stir chicken, chorizo and vegetable mixture and cook for a further 20 minutes / varoma temp / speed 2.
10. Serve with diced potato and aslatgering of butter, or mash the cooked potato.
Would be lovely with other steamed veges in the varoma like squash or zucchini, however my hubby it so fussy.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.