- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 grams ginger, cut into 2 or 3 pieces
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed if desired
- 80 grams Black Beans, from a tin, rinsed
- 40 grams oyster sauce
- 40 grams light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Chicken or Vegetable Stock Powder/paste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 3 spring onions, chopped diagonally into 1 cm pieces
- 300 grams Jasmine rice
- Vegetables of choice
- Extra Chilli, Spring Onions to garnish
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place chicken slices, shaoxing wine and light soy sauce in a container, cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Add garlic, ginger and chilli into "Closed lid" . Chop3 secs/Speed 8. Scrap down sides of "Closed lid" .
Add beans and turbo 1 second. Scrape down sides of "Closed lid" .
Add remaining sauce ingredients and mix 5 secs/speed 2.
Leave in bowl while you prepare chicken.
- Pour marinated chicken onto a metal Varoma dish.
Pour over the sauce and top with spring onons.
Put metal varoma dish onto the varoma dish, set aside.
- Weigh 300g jasmine rice into thermomix basket. Wash (see notes).
Add 1000g boiling water to "Closed lid" . Insert basket. Place lid onto "Closed lid" and position Varoma with chicken and sauce into place.
Steam 12 mins/Varoma temp/speed 2
Add vegetables to the Varoma dish, and continue cooking rice, vegies and chicken for a further 5 mins or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with extra spring onions and thinly sliced chilli.
Accessories you need
Check out my Facebook on my Facebook Page:
To Rince rise put 100g water into "Closed lid" . Weigh rice into basket and place basket into "Closed lid" . Rince 15 seconds/speed 9.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Satay Chicken
- Cob Loaf - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Tokyo Olympic Matcha Tea Pavlova
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Egg Free Caramel Custard - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- No Roll Scones - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Eggless Cupcakes - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Doughnut Bundt
- Ibu Sambal
- Beef Massaman Curry
- Could it be Gravy - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Shortbread Squares - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly