THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 100 grams Roasted Cashews
- 80 grams honey
- 30 grams oil
- 2 MC water, can use coconut milk
- 15 g Tamari soy sauce
- 600 g diced chicken breast, 2/3 pieces
- 1 tbsp thermomix vegetable stock
- 200 g Basmati or Jasmine rice, can cook more or less as desired. Use Quinoa as alternative
- 900 g water
- diced vegetables of choice
Place cashews into TMX and mill for 10 sec, speed 6
Add honey, water, Tamari sauce and oil. Cook 3 mins, 100 degrees, speed 4
Set aside in 1L thermoserver (if you have one: this will help prevent the sauce going hard)
DO NOT WASH OUT THE BOWL
Place cubed chicken into TMX bowl. Set dial to and mince using turbo 2-3 times, 1-2 secs each time
Add stock concentrate and mix 10 secs, speed 4 until all combined
Roll chicken mixture into small balls (smaller than golf ball size) and place onto Varoma tray, ready to steam
Wash bowl and lid well
Place water into bowl, insert basket and add rice/quinoa.
Place Varoma basket on top and add diced vegetables of choice.
Place Varoma tray with chicken balls on top and cover with Varoma Lid
Remember to make sure the steam can get through to ensure even and timely cooking
Cook 15-20 mins, Varoma temp , speed 4
Once cooked, place rice, vegies and chicken into thermoservers as desired.
Serve rice and vegetables, topped with chicken balls. Pour sauce over the top
If satay sauce hardens, heat for 20-30 seconds in microwave (if you still have one!)
You can also make these into kebabs, place chicken balls onto skewers alternating with vegetables of choice (capsicum and pineapple for example)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Sweet Lamb Curry - Retro
- Left over roast pork Cannelloni
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Variation Braised Pork Ribs Using Thermomix
- Snitzel crumb
- Shepherd’s Pie
- Number pork ribs
- Old Fashioned Apricot Chicken
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma