THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 500 g chicken, breast or thighs, chopped into 4cm chunks
- 300 g sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks (about 3cm cube size)
- 1/2 onion, small (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g Coconut Flour
- 25 g coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt, omit for BLW
- 1.5 teaspoon smoked paprika, or preferred spice mix. See notes
- 1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with paper or oil.
2. Grate the sweet potato, speed 5/5 seconds. Set aside.
3. Mince the chicken in two batches of about 250g each, for speed 7/5 seconds. Set aside with the sweet potato.
4. Chop the onion and garlic, for speed 5/5 seconds.
5. Return the sweet potato and chicken, and add all the other ingredients back to the bowl. Add in any preferred herbs or spices. Mix "Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 3-4/30 seconds. Check it's all come together.
6. Roll into 20-25 balls, about a tablespoon each, and place onto the prepared tray. Press down to about 1.5cm thick to make little round nuggets.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes, flipping over at 10 minutes.
Serve warm with aoli or preferred dip.
These little nuggets are perfect for BLW. They're easy to eat and low allergen. Depending on the age of the baby, you may want to omit the spices entirely or just use herbs.
For adults, feel free to add a pinch of chilli.
Other flavour ideas:
- 1 tsp paprika, 1.5 tsp cumin & 0.5 tsp oregano for a mexican kick. Serve with gaucamole.
- 2 tsp italian herb mix.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs Gluten Free Dairy Free
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Sourdough Focaccia Bread
- Paleo Supercharged Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Spreadable Butter
- Sweet potato & banana paleo muffins (nut free)
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Lemon & Blueberry Muffins (Paleo)
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Green Smoothie Banana Muffins
- Chocolate Brownie Balls, with superfoods (Paleo & Vegan)
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Filipino Pandesal
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins