- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons ground chilli powder, depending how hot, or extra hot you like it.
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Medium onions, quartered
- 4 cloves of garlic peeled
- 50 grams coconut oil
- 1 kg of gravy beef, cut into 2 - 3 cm cubes
- 1 can whole tomaoes
- 180 grams tomato paste
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
In a bowl mix all the spice ingredients together and set aside
chop garlic cloves at speed 8 for 3 seconds
Add onions to the bowl and chop at sp 5 for a couple seconds, until a rough chop is achieved. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add coconut oil to bowl and cook for 8min, Varoma temp, , MC removed and simmering basket in place
Add the meat and cook for 10min, Varoma ,MC removed and simmering basket in place. Once the meat is cooking nicely, a few minutes in, tip the spice mix in through the lid while its all going around. Allow this step to finish.
Add the tomato paste and tinned tomatoes and cook for 50min, 100C, , MC removed and simmering basket in place. At this point you may want to add some more liquid, such as beef stock, if you would like a little extra gravy.
Test a piece of the meat for tenderness, and cook for a further 10 min if required.
Serve immediately or place in thermoserver to rest.
Is great served on a bed of rice, or with cauliflour rice as an alternative, and to make it Paleo.
This is quite a hot and rich curry, so is nice served with accompaniments such as a sweet chutney and perhaps some steamed veg.
Adapted from Melissa Hartwigs "Well Fed: Paleo Recipes for People who Love to Eat"
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption