- 20 g olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 400 g Beef mince
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole or ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon whole or ground coriander seeds
- 300 g can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon TMX stock paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 400 g can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 or 2 packets of corn chips, 1 packet served 2 adults and 2 children
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Sour Cream to taste
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
*If using whole spices, dry roast in the bowl on Varoma, speed 1, until fragrant, then mill 10-20 seconds, speed 9.
Place onion, garlic and ground spices in bowl and chop 5 seconds on speed 5. Add oil.
Insert simmering basket and place meat in basket and roughly break it into chunks.
Cook 100°, 5 mins, speed 2.
Remove the simmering basket and add oregano, stock paste, tomato paste, tomatoes and half a tomato tin of water to the bowl. Return the simmering basket with the mince to the bowl and cook 15 mins, 100, speed 2.
When time is up, stir the mince and cook another 5 minutes, 100, speed 2, or until cooked all the way through.
Tip the mince into the tomato mix and add the kidney beans. Cook on , speed 1, 2 minutes, 100 degrees.
On individual dishes or one big dish, spread out the corn chips and layer the mince mix and cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream.
This recipe is not spicy at all so our kids could enjoy it. You could add cayenne pepper or other hot spice to taste.
There is also no added salt as our favourite corn chips are quite salty on their own.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef & Pork Burger Patties
- Antipasto Cheese Ball Christmas Tree
- Nuts and Bolts with a twist
- Variation Vegetarian Sausage Rolls
- Keto Fathead Rolls
- Breadcrumbs for Fish
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Parsley, Rocket & Pistachio Pesto
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Ultimate Vegan Cleansing Salad
- Raw Tahini Dressing