- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 180 grams mushrooms
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate, (see EDC for recipe)
- pepper to taste
- 500 grams water
- 650 grams potatoes, cut in quarters (or more if they are large) - I leave skin on
- 800 grams sausages
- 800 grams assorted vegetables, eg carrots, broccoli, beans etc to fit in Varoma dish
- 1 tablespoon Corn Flour
- 50 grams Milk
- 20 grams Butter, extra for mash
Recipe is created for
Preparation:Place the onion, garlic, mushrooms and butter into the TMX bowl and chop for 10 seconds on speed 5 then cook for 3 minutes at 100 degrees, speed 2.
Add water, pepper and stock, mix on speed 9 for 20 seconds.Place the steam basket into TMX bowl and add potatoes.
Place vegetables in varoma dish on top of tmx bowl (check they are not covering the vents) - if you like your vegetables firm, leave these out till the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
Place sausages on the varoma tray.Cook for 35 minutes/varoma temperature/speed 3.Remove the varoma and place on top of Thermoserver (the sausages and vegies are ready to serve).
Remove steam basket. If there is a build up of mushroom in the steam basket, scrape into the TMX bowl. Add the cornflour and cook for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on speed 4 to thicken the gravy. If you like a thicker sauce then add a little more cornflour and cook again on 100 degrees on speed 4 for 2 minutes
To make mash you need to remove the gravy and rinse the TMX bowl if you want a white mash (I don't rinse as you can see in photo).
Check that the potatoes are cooked until almost falling apart. If they are not cooked enough add them into your bowl with milk and cook a little longer. If they are fully cooked add milk and extra butter. Mix on speed 4 until they reach your desired consistency (usually 10-20 seconds)
Serve potato on plate with veggies and sausages, then pour sauce over the top.
you can add any type of meat instead of sausages, you may need to adjust cooking time. We often do a "mixed grill".
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Curried Sausages
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Beef and Vegetable Puree 6 months+
- Our favourite Curried Sausages
- POT STICKERS (PAN FRIED DUMPLINGS)
- Satay Chicken
- Simple version of Lala's Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Satay Recipe
- Beef Rotolo
- Asian Style Chicken Burgers
- Keto Garlic Cheese Crackers
- Keto Crustless Quiche
- Big Batch Homemade Golden Syrup
- Baked Custard Tarts
- Dairy Free Mushroom and Bacon Carbonara
- Yummy Easy Vegetarian Pasties
- Quick and easy Quiche
- Beef Cashew and Rice
- Lisa's yummy "plain" biscuits
- Curried Cabbage with Cashews (Vegan)
- Easy "no milk" chocolate milkshake - vegan sugar free single serve
- Individual Trifles like Balfours - kid friendly