THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 4 chicken thighs, cut in 2cm pieces
- 50 g oyster sauce
- 50 g soy sauce
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled
- 1 stalk coriander, roots and stem included
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 cube ginger
- 200 g basmati rice
- Veggies, I used carrots, snow peas and chinese cabbage
- 900 g water, boiling
8Recipe is created for
Chop garlic, ginger, red onion and coriander for 3 seconds, speed 6
Add soy, shaoxing, sesame oil and oyster sauce and mix for 4 seconds, speed 4
Add chicken pieces to marinade mixture and stir for 2 seconds, speed 3
Tip chicken out of TM bowl onto top tray of Varoma and spread evenly, ensuring there are steam holes visible. DON'T WASH THE TM BOWL!!
** Optional: Add vegetables of choice to bottom half of Varoma (you may want to do this with only 10 minutes remaining if you have soft vegetables, but harder vegetables like carrots etc can take the 15 minutes to steam. Use your steaming guide in the front of your EDC to decide when to add the vegetables)
Insert basket into TM bowl. Weigh rice (between 200-400g depending on how much you need for your family. We use around 200g for 2 adults and 3 small children). Add 900g of water. To rinse rice, put the lid on and turn speed up to 4 for 5 seconds or so until the rice is all wet (look through the top while it is rinsing)
Cook on Varoma temperature for 20 minutes, speed 2
Use your spatula to remove basket of rice and tip into a Thermoserver, then add chicken and vegetables and serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- TIPSY TART (a,k.a - Cape Brandy Pudding)
- More Again Risotto
- Coconut and cashew chicken
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Hemp Pudding
- Salted caramel & meringue tart
- Crispy nutty crackers
- Gluten Free Spiced Fruit Loaf
- Lebanese Eid Biscuit Kaak Alkhamees Mr2od Ka'ak Black Seed
- Vegan vanilla cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)
- Iced tea syrup