THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 4 chicken thighs, cut in 2cm pieces
- 50 g oyster sauce
- 50 g soy sauce
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 Garlic cloves peeled
- 1 stalk coriander, roots and stem included
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 cube ginger
- 200 g basmati rice
- Veggies, I used carrots, snow peas and chinese cabbage
- 900 g water, boiling
8Recipe is created for
Chop garlic, ginger, red onion and coriander for 3 seconds, speed 6
Add soy, shaoxing, sesame oil and oyster sauce and mix for 4 seconds, speed 4
Add chicken pieces to marinade mixture and stir for 2 seconds, speed 3
Tip chicken out of TM bowl onto top tray of Varoma and spread evenly, ensuring there are steam holes visible. DON'T WASH THE TM BOWL!!
** Optional: Add vegetables of choice to bottom half of Varoma (you may want to do this with only 10 minutes remaining if you have soft vegetables, but harder vegetables like carrots etc can take the 15 minutes to steam. Use your steaming guide in the front of your EDC to decide when to add the vegetables)
Insert basket into TM bowl. Weigh rice (between 200-400g depending on how much you need for your family. We use around 200g for 2 adults and 3 small children). Add 900g of water. To rinse rice, put the lid on and turn speed up to 4 for 5 seconds or so until the rice is all wet (look through the top while it is rinsing)
Cook on Varoma temperature for 20 minutes, speed 2
Use your spatula to remove basket of rice and tip into a Thermoserver, then add chicken and vegetables and serve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken in Peanut Sauce
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken and Bacon Creamy Sauce - Dairy Free
- Beef and Vegetable Rissoles
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Shish Kebab Marinade
- Mum's Curried Chicken
- Shanghainese Sweet Sour Pork Ribs 上海糖醋排骨
- SUI MAI DUMPLING 烧卖
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Jen's Cottage Pie
- Finger-Lickin' Good Chicken Rissoles
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins - Super Easy!
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Super juice
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice