- 500 grams lamb mince
- 1 onion, Peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 80 grams breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons cumin, Ground
- 1 tablespoon coriander, Ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
24h 0minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put onion and garlic into jug and blitz Speed 8/5 seconds.
Add the lamb mince and combine Speed4/5 seconds.
Add all other ingredients and blitz on Speed8/25 seconds, or until finely minced and well combined. You don't want any chunks in the mix.
Place mixture onto a large piece of cling wrap and roll up tightly, creating a large sausage shape. Ensure the whole roll is enclosed, ends too.
Place in the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight if possible.
When ready to cook, add 1200 grams water to the jug.
Place roll in the varoma and steam for 35minutes/varoma/Spd3.
Once cooked (internal temp of meat must be at least 75 degrees) removed from varoma.
Unwrap roll from cling wrap and allow to cool slightly.
Serve, thinly sliced, in Skinnymixers Pita Wraps with salads.
Accessories you need
I make my own lamb mince using lamb leg meat. Check your user manual for instructions. Bought lamb mince works well also.
When creating the roll in cling wrap, use your varoma tray as a size guide. Ensure it will fit in the tray once rolled.
To serve, I hold the slightly cooled roll on one end and use a cheese shaver to shave off thin slices of kebab meat.
Skinnymixers Pita Wrap recipe can be found on the Skinnymixers website.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red Duck Curry with Lychees
- Beef and vegetable stew
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Potato Bombs
- Thai Orange and Red Curry Chicken
- Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu)
- Variation Creamy beef curry with cauliflower rice
- Cheat's Satay
- Fake Away Special 'Fried' rice.
- Feta Stuffed Chicken Bites with a Herb and Parmesan Crumb
- Mini Meatloaves with Pancetta (Donna Hay clone)
- Paleo Beef Burgers
- Aussie Apple Pie
- Paleo Choc Banana Muffins (grain free, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free)
- Chocolate Meringue Biscuits
- Sticky Wings
- Chocolate Oreo Ice Cream
- Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Wholemeal Bread
- Green Veg Soup (aka Grinch Soup)
- Deluxe Chocolate Custard
- Cornflake & Sultana Cookies
- Weetbix Slice
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- warm lemon tart
- Gluten Free Bread- Go to recipe
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- mayo egg free
- Mash and steamed veg
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe