- 500g chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 15g French Mustard, (substitute tarragon mustard)
- 1tsp Soy or tamari sauce
- 5cm peeled whole ginger
- 2 cloves Peeled garlic
- 90g red currant jelly
- 1 orange
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 500g kumara and pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 250g zuchinni, sliced into ribbons
- 2 tbsp cornflour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put peel from 1/2 the orange with ginger and garlic into bowl, combine 3 secs, sp7, scrape sides and repeat. Add oil, mustard, soy sauce, red currant jelly, worcesterwhite sauce, vinegar, juice of orange to bowl, 3 secs sp7. Set marinade aside in large bowl. Do not wash bowl. Dice chicken thighs and add to marinade for at least 1/2 hour, overnight is best.
Add 700g hot water to bowl, place marinated chicken in Varoma bowl and tray, reserving marinade. Place kumara and pumpkin in basket. Cook 25 mins Varoma, speed 4, turning chicken halfway and adding zuchinni to Varoma tray.
Place chicken and zuchinni into Thermoserver to rest whilst preparing mash and sauce. Reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
Mash kumara and pumpkin 10 secs speed 4, scrape and repeat to desired consistency. Keep warm whilst making sauce.
Put reserved marinade with cooking liquid and cornflour into cleaned bowl and cook 3 mins 100C speed 2 till thickened.
Plate mash then chicken and sauce, topping with zuchinni ribbons. Enjoy.
Accessories you need
Converted from 1992 Edmonds Cookbook p.123 and made into an all-in-one meal
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Mersey Valley Baked Chicken
- Maple Syrup Orange Silver Side
- Curried Sausages
- Rima’s Chefitup Maryam Mounajed’s Lamb Shank Mansef
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- The BEST Dumplings
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Custard Square
- Curried Sausages
- Maple Coconut Sugar Butter Cookies
- Coffee Butter Cookies
- DAIRY FREE ALMOND MILK CUSTARD
- Super Simple Gluten Free Cookies (Allergy Free option)
- Stewed Blood Plums (for Crumbles) - Thermo Cazza
- Alfredo with prawns
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home