- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 30 grams oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 4 large mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, quartered
- 5 feijoas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 litre water
- 400 grams brown rice
1. Chop peeled garlic 3sec/speed9
2. Add onions, quartered & bell pepper, chop 3 sec/speed 4
Scrape down the sides and chop again 2-3 sec/speed 4
3. Add 30g oil and the rest of the vegetables.
4. Add spices and pepper and reverse/stir/30 sec.
5. Pour over sliced Feijoas and gently mix together.
Set aside. Rinse bowl.
6. Sear chicken in non-stick pan until golden brown all over
7. Line Varoma with foil and place chicken on top once it is
browned and pour over the vegetable mix.
Fold the foil to form a loosly closed parcel. Set aside
8. Add 1 litre of water to TM and 2 Tbsp Vegetable stock
9. Place rice in basket and insert, along with lid and then
the varoma. Cook 30 min/speed4/Varoma
Turn chicken & cook for another 15min/speed4/Varoma
10. Serve and enjoy!
You can easily increase the quantity of drumsticks and replace the Vegetable stock with Chicken. For those who like it hot, a little more curry would be a nice addition too.
This recipe was based off Jamie Oliver's Forum with a lovely combination of curry and Feijoas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Roll
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Peanut Butter Chicken Curry - Healthy Mummy adaption
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Coconut ice coffee kickstarter
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Bulletproof Coffee
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Mums best ever pasta sauce