- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 30 grams oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 4 large mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, quartered
- 5 feijoas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 litre water
- 400 grams brown rice
1. Chop peeled garlic 3sec/speed9
2. Add onions, quartered & bell pepper, chop 3 sec/speed 4
Scrape down the sides and chop again 2-3 sec/speed 4
3. Add 30g oil and the rest of the vegetables.
4. Add spices and pepper and reverse/stir/30 sec.
5. Pour over sliced Feijoas and gently mix together.
Set aside. Rinse bowl.
6. Sear chicken in non-stick pan until golden brown all over
7. Line Varoma with foil and place chicken on top once it is
browned and pour over the vegetable mix.
Fold the foil to form a loosly closed parcel. Set aside
8. Add 1 litre of water to TM and 2 Tbsp Vegetable stock
9. Place rice in basket and insert, along with lid and then
the varoma. Cook 30 min/speed4/Varoma
Turn chicken & cook for another 15min/speed4/Varoma
10. Serve and enjoy!
Accessories you need
You can easily increase the quantity of drumsticks and replace the Vegetable stock with Chicken. For those who like it hot, a little more curry would be a nice addition too.
This recipe was based off Jamie Oliver's Forum with a lovely combination of curry and Feijoas.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Taco rissoles
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Claypot Mushroom Chicken Rice
- pull pork stew
- Sesame Oil Whole Chicken - roast using Thermomix!
- alittliebityummy.com Low FODMAP Spaghetti Bolognese
- Minted Lamb Burgers
- Chicken Satay with peanut sauce
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Bec’s dim dims.
- Three ingredient biscuits/cookies
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Choc Nut Slice
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- The English Carrot
- Choc Mint Bliss Ball Slice
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins