- 1 brown onion
- 20 grams cooking oil of choice
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Stock Paste (BCB)
- 400-500 grams Beef mince
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped into cubes
- 6 potatoes, washed, skin on, cubed
- 400 grams chopped tinned tomatoes
- 250 grams water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add peeled and halved onion to mixing bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed6.
Add 20 grams of oil, vegetable stock paste and mince and sautee for 5 minutes/100 degrees/speed 2 .
Meanwhile, wash vegetables and cube. Leave skins on potato and carrot.
Add to the mixing bowl canned tomatoes water and cornflour. Add half of the cubed vegetables to the bowl. Layer the remaining cubed vegetables and peas into the varoma tray or dish. Keep the quantities in the layers even for even steaming. Cook for 15 minutes/varoma/ speed 2.
Check that the steamed vegetables are cooked. Cook for a further 5 minutes/varoma/speed 2 if vegetables require further steaming.
Once vegetables are steamed combine them with mince into a thermoserver and serve.
The chopped vegetables which are added to the bowl melt down to create a healthy, thick sauce base.
Steam more vegetables to create a bigger meal. Steaming the vegetables keeps them whole, adding texture to the savoury mince making it just like Mum or Gran's recipe you loved when you were little.
Steam any vegetables - pumpkin, kumara, courgette, parsnip - what ever is on hand.
This recipe stretches out a small portion of beef mince.
Serve as is or with polenta or mashed potatoes.
Serve with extra greens - these could be steamed during this cooking process and added as aside to accompany.
Our left overs will be reheated in the thermie and served with a poached egg in the morning.
Mum used to put left over cold savoury mince on my sandwiches for school lunches with lashings of tomato sauce. You could do this too, without the sauce as the dish it self is tasty enough.
Serve left overs on a large pizza base or mini pizza bases. My children would adore a savoury mince mini pizza in their lunch box.
Reserve a portion to reheat and put in a thermos cup for school lunches. Great protien and winter lunch for children.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Snowy’s Pork Ribs
- Steak & Kidney pie (paleo, AIP)
- Lamb Ragu
- Sri Lankan-style Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Oatmeal recipe
- Honey-soy chicken wings
- Indonesian Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Raulas beef burgers
- Sassy Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken & Sweet Potato Nuggets (Paleo & BLW Friendly)
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Clone of Beef & Vegetable Casserole
- Blueberry Jelly Tip Iceblock - GF, DF
- GF Dal and Rice Wraps - Dosa
- Cacao Buckwheat Whipped Porridge
- Feijoa and Autumn Fruits Chia Porridge (Gluten, Dairy and Refined Sugar Free)
- Pork and Walnut Pesto Roulade with Feijoa and Parsnip Puree
- Peach Butter - dairy, gluten and refined sugar free
- Lamb Roast with Mint and Spinach Pesto Meal - Celebrating Waitangi Day
- Quick and Versatile Vege Packed Tomato Sauce
- Waitangi Celebration Mussel Fritters - gluten and dairy free
- RAW BROCCOLI SALAD TOSSED WITH SMOKED SALMON, BLACK OLIVES AND CREAMY AVOCADO DRESSING
- Creamy Pink Smoothie - adapted from My Darling Lemon Thyme
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER
- Not So Fried Rice
- Dalgona Decaf Coffee Whip Low Sugar