- 1 cm ginger
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 onion, Peeled &amp; Halved
- 30 g olive oil
- 650 g chicken breast, Cubed
- 140 g soy sauce
- 200 g water
- 160 g honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 150 g broccoli, Cut into Florets
- 100 g carrots, sliced
- 100 g Capsicum, diced
- 100 g baby corn
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Steamed Rice, To Serve
- Toasted sesame seeds, optional
Chop ginger and garlic for 5 sec/Speed 7
Add Onion and chop for 3 sec/Speed 7
Add oil and saute 2 mins/100 deg/Speed 1
Add chicken and cook 2 mins/100 deg/
Add remaining ingredients and cook 15 mins/100 deg/ use the spatula a few times to help mix everything in.
Replace MC with steamer basket and cook 5 mins/100 deg/
Serve on rice sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds
For those of you having trouble with the chicken shredding it may be due to dicing it too small in the beginning. I generally dice it quite large (about 4cm x 4cm). I know when I dice it smaller it is a more shredded consitancy after cooking but the larger diced way doesn't have that problem. You could probably try it with the butterfly as well, that may help but I'm not sure.
Personally I like it either way, my kids much prefer it shredded so if it's just myself and them I will dice it small, if it's for other people I will dice it large. All tastes the same in the end.
Oh and if you want the sauce thicker you can not add the water, has a more syrupy sauce. (One of those happy accidents on busy night LOL) If I want to use noodles instead of rice I omit the water and it works quite well.
I also have found as long as you keep the ratio's the same you can put alot less honey & soy in, I like the strong flavours and having lots of sauce so prefer to put the full amount in.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheats kousa
- Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mum's chicken stuffing
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation To "My Savoury Mince"
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Lebanese Kafta
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- VEGAN Cranberry & Vanilla Protein Balls
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez