- 1/2 bunch fresh basil or Thai sweet basil
- 1/2 bunch handful of fresh corriander leaves
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large green chilli, unseeded
- 5 small red chillies, unseeded
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 800 grams chicken, chopped
- 1/2 bunch choy sum
- 150 grams hard tofu
- 400 grams coconut cream or milk
- 1.5 tablespoons oil
Place basil and coriander into mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/ speed 6. Set aside.
2. Place onion, chilli and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7.
3. Add oil and cook 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Add fish sauce, kecap manis, palm sugar and the chopped basil and coriander and cook 1 min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
5. Insert butterfly. Add chicken, tofu, choy sum and coconut milk/cream and cook 15 min/ 100C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed soft. Check half way through that butterfly is still in place and stir with spatula if necessary.
6. Place in thermoserver.
7. Rinse mixing bowl and cook rice according to the Everyday Cookbook.
NOTE: This dish is quite hot and spicy.
Hot Thai Chilli Chicken
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BASO SAPI (INDONESIAN MEAT BALLS)
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos
- Chelsea Winter Morrocan Chicken and Apricot Salad
- Cheats High Protein Nacho’s
- Turkey Stuffing
- Shredded Chicken
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Savoury Mince
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Paleo Meatloaf
- Stirfry Minced Pork with Eggplant
- Thermomixtress' Favourite Savoury Mince Recipe
- Fish with ginger, chilli and soy dressing.
- Pear, Plum and Apple Jam
- What's Left in the Kitchen Spicy Noodle Soup
- Strawberry daiquiri
- Cambodian Marinated Braised Beef (with a Thai twist)
- Edwina's lemon cheesecake
- Spicy sweet potato soup with chilli coriander cream
- Thai vietnamese noodle soup
- Thai Stir Fry Paste
- Spicy Thai Noodle Soup
- Vietnamese Prawn Noodle Salad
- Healthy Nutty Sweet treat bliss balls
- My Everyday White Bread
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Apple Banana & Oat Muffin Bites
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly chocolate cake
- Peanut Bites
- Lemon Cake dairy, nut & wheat free
- Sandwhich Bread
- Apple Dapple Cake
- Gluten free sandwich bread
- Chorizo Fettucini with Spinach, Parmesan & Lemon Herb Butter