- 15 g oil
- 2 onions, 1/2d
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 carrots, washed, no need to peel, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste, Or freshly grated
- 1 tsp lemongrass paste, Or freshly chopped
- 1 tsp coriander paste, Or freshly chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, I like Keens
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 400 g Liquid Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced through the middle, lengthwise and pounded flat
- 1 cup yogurt, natural
- panko breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
2h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Marinate the chicken in the yogurt for a couple of hours if possible. Up to overnight.
While the sauce is cooking, drain the chicken, coat in the crumbs and fry until golden and cooked.
Blitz the onions, garlic and carrots with the oil 10secs/sp4
Add all the pastes and curry powder 2min/80°C/sp2
Add the remaining ingredients and cook 20mins/100°C/sp2
Blitz to a smooth sauce by slowly turning the dial to sp10, for a minute or so. Serve over the chicken and rice.
O.M.G...a true taste sensation, this is a very popular "street food" in Japan.
This would be delicious over just about any sort of meat..even as an egg curry.
Any leftover sauce freezes well.
BTW I use the spice pastes (Gourmet brand from the Supermarket) for ease of use. Of course you can use fresh herbs instead. 😋
This recipe is a tweaked version of a recipe found on the RC...to my taste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Easy Cheats Chicken and Vegetable Pie Filling
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- Coconut and cashew chicken