- 1 tsp salt
- 60 grams lemon juice, juice of one lemon approx
- 1 medium onion cut in 4, approx 160gm
- 2 clove garlic peeled
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 1 fresh green chillie deseeded
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 900 g chicken thighs, cut into strips 2cm thick
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- 200 g tomatoes chopped, passata
- 300 g cream
- 200 g water
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp chilli, to taste
- juice of half a lemon
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 100 g Butter, cubed
5h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. cut chicken into 2cm strips , sprinkle with salt and lemon juice and set aside.
2. place onion, garlic, ginger chilli and garam masala in TM bowl and chop 4 secs speed 5 . Add yoghurt and puree 20 secs speed 9 or til smooth.
3. coat chicken with yoghurt mix in glass bowl cove and set aside in fridge for 4 hours or overnight
4.. preheat oven to 220 deg C . Bake chicken in shallow baking dish for 15 mins or until tender. Drain off excess juice , place in thermoserver to keep warm .
5. place ginger in TM bowl and chop 5 secs speed 7 . add 125 gm water , tomatoes ,extra cream,garam masala,sugar, chilli powder, lemon juice and cumin and mix 10 secs speed 4.
6. add butter and cook 7 mins /100deg/speed 1.5
7. add reserved chicken pieces and heat 5 mins /90 deg//speed 1 with MC in place, if splatters put steam basket instead of MC
8. check heated through extra time as needed. serve hot with rice
dry roast own cumin seeds and keep for other dishes as well. see basic cookbook
make your own garam masala, see basic cookbook.
make your own yoghurt instead of cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo: Phat Si Ew
- Monday Night (Beef or Lamb) Curry
- Italian Beef Ragu
- lchf chicken chirizo balls
- Curried Meatloves with BBQ Glaze Sauce
- 3 ways chicken fajitas
- Stuffed Burgers
- SWEET& SOUR PORK
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Babi Guling - Balinese Roast Pork
- Beef Larb (Spicy Beef Salad)
- Sues Sultana Cake
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Asian Rhubarb and Carrot Soup
- Egg Tart
- Cod and potato chowder
- Chrissys Sultana and Bran Muffins
- Beef and Pepper Casserole
- Filipino steamed Pork Buns
- Chicken Congee Filo style
- maryannes mashed potato
- Maryannes Seafood Chowder
- wholemeal spelt bread
- Variation Best Ever Scones
- Nanna's Tea Cake
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Ginger crunch
- Middle Eastern BBQ'd Pumpkin Bread
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Savoury Biscotti
- Alkalising GF/DF/EF/YF bread
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Swiss Roll Sponge