- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1.5 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1.5 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 350 grams plain flour
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 5 strips each
- 2 eggs, beaten in a bowl
- oil, for frying
Recipe is created for
Place all spices and herbs into tmx.
Blitz on speed 10 for 30 seconds. Scrape down. Repeat. You are wanting a fine grind.
Add flour and blitz on speed 10 for 20 seconds.
Have a taste of your flour. You can tweak the quantities used to suit your tastes. Add additional flavour of needed and blitz again on speed 10 for 30 seconds to ensure its well combined. If you feel the flavours are too intense you can add more flour.
Pour 1/3 of the flour onto a plate.
Coat chicken strips in egg and then flour. I then put them in egg and then flour again. This gives it a realcrispy coating.
Place oil into pan on a medium heat. You need enough oil to shallow fry your strips.
Fry a few strips at a time. Don't overload the pan.
Cook until white and cooked through. The time will vary on the size of your strips. Just watch them.
Drain on paper towel.
Accessories you need
If you cant have eggs in your house buttermilk is a great substitute.
Rice flour can be used in place of plain flour. Results will differ slightly.
The coating is enough for three meals. Trust me, you want this coating in your pantry so stick to the full recipe and store the excess in an airtight container.
More variations are on my fb page and blog:
(Originally posted on my fb page 25.12.2013)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Beef Ragu
- Curried sausages
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Peanut Satay Chicken
- Goat Bhuna Ghost
- Mince and Cheese Pie
- Butter chicken using Pepper and Me Tandoori Paste
- Low Fodmap Sticky Pork Spare Ribs Gluten Free Dairy Free
- Chilli Con Carne - TM31 TM5 TM6
- Honey Soy Chicken – TM31 TM5 TM6
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- No bake Keto museli bars
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins