- 1000 grams Lean Lamb
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 centimetres ginger
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125 grams natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Ground Coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardomon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 400 grams tomatoes
- 75 grams slivered almonds, Toasted
- leaves coriander, Picked to garnish
1h 25minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add garlic and ginger to the mixing bowl. Chop 3 sceconds on Speed 8 Scrape down the sides and repeat if required.
- Remove from the mixing bowl.
- Quarter onions and place in the mixing bowl. Chop 3 seconds, Speed 5. Scrape down the sides.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil. Saute 3 minutes, 120 degrees, speed 1.
- Place reserved garlic and ginger, ground spices and yoghurt into the mixing bowl.
- Combine for 5 seconds on speed 1.
- Add one 400g tin of chopped tomatoes and one teaspoon of salt.
- Cook 5 minutes, 90 degrees speed 1.
- Add 1000g of cubed lean lamb to the mixing bowl. Cook for 30 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 1 reverse. Place simmering basket on the top instead of the measuring cup.
- Check lamb to see if tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Extend cooking time by 15 minutes if required.
- Add 3 teaspoons of garam masala. Combine 5 seconds on speed 1
- Place Rogan Josh into the thermoserver. Flavours will intensify. Cook boiled rice in the thermomix using automated receipe. Dry roast almonds in a Saucepan (no oil).
- Serve Rogan Josh accompanied with boiled rice, topped with flaked almonds and picked coriander leaves.
1. Cut lean lamb into 2.5 cm cubes
2. Chop garlic and ginger
3. Chop and sauté onions
4. Combine all ingredients
5. Prepare accompaniments and serve
Rest curry in a thermoserver or casserole dish while you cook the rice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and veggie potato bake
- Beef fajitas
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Poached Chicken in Lemongrass Broth
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Easy Cheats Chicken and Vegetable Pie Filling
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- Japanese Katsu chicken curry
- Coconut and cashew chicken