- 50 grams couscous
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste, (See Basic Cookbook)
- 3.5 tablespoon almonds
- .5 --- small green apple
- 1 shallot (eschalot)
- 30 grams Butter, unsalted
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne peper
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 leeks, white part only, cut into pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 30 grams olive oil
- 800 grams pumpkin, peeled, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1.5 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste, (see Basic Cookbook)
- 900 grams water
- 1 whole uncooked chicken (1.2-1.4kg)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 salt &amp;amp; ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons flaked almonds
- fresh coriander, to garnish
1h 45minPreparation 1h 45minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Put couscous and stock paste into your Thermoserver and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5-10mins for the couscous to swell.
2. Mill almonds for approx 9 sec/speed 8 (you want almond meal texture)
* Note: If you don't have flaked almonds to garnish the chicken at the end, you can just mill up some now, till a chunky but even consistency is achieved -(4 sec/speed 5) and set aside.
3. Fluff up the couscous with a fork, and add the almond meal.
4. Core apple and quarter. Place in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Add to couscous mixture in Thermoserver.
5. Without cleaning bowl, add shallot and butter 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
6. Saute 3 mins/120C/speed 1. Add to the couscous along with the coriander and stir.
1. Place leek & garlic into mixing bowl. 3 sec/speed 5 Scrape down sides.
2. Add oil and saute 3 mins/120C/speed 1
3. Add pumpkin, ginger, cumin, stock paste and water. (making sure it doesn't go past the max fill line)
1. Stuff the chicken and place in Varoma
2. In a separate bowl, mix turmeric, ginger & cinnamon with a little water. Spread this over the chicken and season with salt & pepper.
3. Place the Varoma with chicken into position & steam 55 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Scatter the flaked almonds over the top of the chicken, and add some extra vegies of your choice to the Varoma dish (e.g. potatoes, carrots etc) and steam 20-25 mins/Varoma/speed 1.
5. Check chicken and vegies are cooked. If not, prolong cooking time as necessary (you may want to set the vegies aside if they're done). Once the chicken is cooked, remove Varoma and transfer the meat and vegies to a dish and cover with some foil to keep warm.
6. Insert measuring cup.Blend soup 30 secs/ speed 5-9 increasing speed gradually. Transfer the pumpkin soup into a Thermoserver or bowl.
7. Optional: garnish chicken with fresh coriander leaves.
Serve soup, followed by the chicken.
I used small potatoes, cut into wedges, however you can used pretty much whatever vegies you like.
Just remember to think about the cooking time needed & size to cut them (so that everything cooks in the allocated time). The steaming guide in the front section of your Basic Cookbook is a great reference.
Source: This recipe is my adaptation of a couple of recipes in the "Everyday Gourmet - Volume 2" cookbook.
*This recipe is NOT suitable for TM31 models
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef Burgers / Sliders
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Rollups
- Mince Meat Pie
- Ham and Chicken Meatballs
- Meatballs with Hidden Kale
- Whole Baked Chinese style Kampung Chicken
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls - Cha Gio
- Nan's Zucchini Slice
- Bourbon Lime & Ginger Ham Glaze
- Cel's Delicious Honey Chicken
- Spicy Lamb Marinade
- Lamb Saag Curry (FODMAP friendly)
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Smoked Paprika Butter
- Portuguese Milk Buns
- Kristie's Oil Free Chicken Marinate
- Vegan Bolognese Pasta Sauce
- Tomato sausage pasta
- Thick Bechamel Sauce
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Mixie's cold brew coffee
- Beef Burgers / Sliders
- lchf savoury muffins (sam wood)